VMware is now in Barcelona and we are building our Digital Sales Centre right in the heart of Glóries, Barcelona’s booming tech HUB! The centre has the feel of a start-up environment while also sitting under the established and highly regarded VMware brand. If you want to build a career in software sales, this could be the place for you with over a hundred of international peers to help us shape what’s possible for the most advanced companies in the world.We’re excited to be opening our doors in Barcelona and we welcome you to explore how our innovative solutions are having a positive impact on customers and communities everywhere.
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace. Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
The EMEA Education Inside Sales organization forms part of VMware organization across Europe. It is a professional sales organization comprising of a dedicated team of multi-lingual sales professionals. This team is challenged to deliver on a charter that includes; revenue creation, demand generation, and provides a talent pool for the field and various other specialized business units within the VMware family. VMware Education Services design and provide training services on the company’s software solutions. Given the strategic nature of VMware in its customers’ data centres and business, it is crucial that customers have the skills to get the very best out of the investment they make. Education Services ensures that customers are fully trained and certified and that VMware customers get the very best from their VMware investment.
The Education Inside Sales Representative (ISR) role will work within an assigned territory to sell training products and services to VMware’s customers. These products offer training to VMware’s customers solely on the company’s software solutions. The ISR will be expected to qualify and position the value and need for training with each customer and align the customer’s needs with the Education catalogue of services. Leads will be followed up by an ISR based on campaigns and customers’ balance of credits. An ISR will be expected to develop their own territory and work against quarterly sales targets. Each ISR needs to exploit multiple sales channels, developing a good rapport with customers quickly. A friendly demeanour coupled with a strong sales acumen is imperative for this position.
Job Responsibilities & Key Objectives
- Become an expert in VMWare products and services through our sales and technical training programme
- Achieve or exceed quarterly financial targets for the assigned territory
- Report back weekly on progress throughout each quarter and maintain accurate customers records, activity and pipeline reports within Salesforce
- Accountable for forecasting for the given territory
- Work with other sales facing groups in VMware to grow business opportunities
- Using a consultative sales approach engage directly with VMWare’s customers and partners to sell VMWare Education’s solutions
- Work with VMware’s services and sales teams to identify new business opportunities and encourage Education to be part of all VMware solutions
- Work with Education Field Sales reps to support major account
Skills & Requirements
- Native level of German and fluent level of English
- Experience in a sales or telesales capacity - selling IT services would be an advantage
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets
- Numerate including forecasting
- Results-oriented, with a strong focus on execution; comfortable managing multiple work-related activities
- Strong interpersonal skills, good written and oral communication skills.
- Passion for selling and an enthusiastic self-starter, high-energy and motivated individual with a “can-do” attitude
- Experience in using Salesforce would be an advantage
Degree level qualification preferred
- Amazing office environment in the centre of Barcelona's tech HUB
- Being part of a rapidly-growing, international environment - we are currently over 100 colleagues and 30 nationalities from all over the world!
- Well established training plan, on-going coaching and real development opportunity (locally and globally)
- Competitive compensation + commissions
- Additional benefits, such as ticket restaurant, private health insurance, and gym allowance
- Permanent contract with a 6-month of probation period
- Team building events, such as company breakfast, summer- and Christmas parties, etc
- Volunteering events organized by the company
- Daily coffee, fresh fruits and beverages
- 24 vacations days per year
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Inside Sales
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-06-05
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Job ID: R2007354