VMware is now in Barcelona and we are building our Digital Sales Centre right in the heart of Glóries, Barcelona’s booming tech HUB! The centre has the feel of a start-up environment while also sitting under the established and highly regarded VMware brand. If you want to build a career in software sales, this could be the place for you with over a hundred of international peers to help us shape what’s possible for the most advanced companies in the world.We’re excited to be opening our doors in Barcelona and we welcome you to explore how our innovative solutions are having a positive impact on customers and communities everywhere.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative to be responsible for pipeline generation for the VMware Velocloud sales team. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by cold-calling and emailing potential customers to schedule initial meetings.
To be successful, you should have previous quota-carrying experience developing leads from marketing campaigns in a fast-paced high-volume (500 MQLs, 50-60 calls daily) environment.
If you are motivated and results-driven and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you! Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
Job Responsibilities & Key Objectives
Scheduling meetings with potential clients through cold calls and emails
Qualifying marketing leads as sales opportunities
Representing our company well to potential clients
Meeting and exceeding sales qualified leads quota every month
Proactively contact potential SD-WAN clients through cold calls and emails
Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
Identify client needs
Set up meetings or calls between prospective clients and Account Executives
Report results weekly to the Business Development Manager
Skills & Requirements
- Native level of English (any additional EU language is a plus)
- Minimum 1-2 years experience as a sales development representative, sales account executive, or similar role in software or technology industry
- Track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Tactful verbal and written communication
- Ability to stay organized communicating with large number of prospects and internal colleagues
- Amazing office environment in the centre of Barcelona's tech HUB
- Being part of a rapidly-growing, international environment - we are currently over 100 colleagues and 30 nationalities from all over the world!
- Well established training plan, on-going coaching and real development opportunity (locally and globally)
- Competitive compensation + commissions
- Additional benefits, such as ticket restaurant, private health insurance, and gym allowance
- Permanent contract with a 6-month of probation period
- Relocation package for our international candidates
- Team building events, such as company breakfast, summer- and Christmas parties, etc
- Volunteering events organized by the company
- Daily coffee, fresh fruits and beverages
- 24 vacations days per year
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Inside Sales
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-03-06
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Job Family: Digital Inside-Sales
Job ID: R1914765