VMware is now in Barcelona and we are building our Digital Sales Centre right in the heart of Glóries, Barcelona’s booming tech HUB! The centre has the feel of a start-up environment while also sitting under the established and highly regarded VMware brand. If you want to build a career in software sales, this could be the place for you with over a hundred of international peers to help us shape what’s possible for the most advanced companies in the world. We’re excited to be opening our doors in Barcelona and we welcome you to explore how our innovative solutions are having a positive impact on customers and communities everywhere.
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace. Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
We are looking for a Digital Sales Manager who will be responsible for the performance and people management of the Professional Services team EMEA, based in our Barcelona office. This team is responsible for the sale of Professional Services in the
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of success in accelerating sales results, driving change and leading with passion within a sales organization, ideally with Professional Services/Consulting knowledge or background. This is a proven leader demonstrating leading-edge calibre – one who has passion, dedication, business acumen, and true care for individuals and VMware.
The Digital Sales Manager is expected to be an expert in three things:
- Professional Services: The Sales Manager will become an expert on the product portfolio and the associated end-to-end sales cycle, including a demonstrated understanding of operational needs which impact successful selling and delivery. This also includes the creation/tuning of sales materials and tools in direct support of their team. In addition, the Manager will be responsible for the ongoing coaching of the team to ensure each team member achieves their maximum potential in the role
- Forecast, Pipeline and Metrics: The Manager will be accountable for the EMEA level forecast accuracy in the
- Motivation: The Digital Sales team is fast-paced, and success-driven – the Management Team within Barcelona is responsible for ensuring a positive, upbeat environment that cultivates energy and results, and is committed to supporting career advancement through positive coaching and opportunity.
Job Responsibilities & Key Objectives
- Accountable for the oversight and performance management of a team currently with a headcount of up to 8 Digital Sales Representatives supporting EMEA Professional Services; developing the team in line with business requirements
- Coach, motivate and measure the team; responsible for recruitment as needed
- Business partner with the regional EMEA Professional Services Sales Leaders and other members of the EMEA Professional Services management team to ensure complementary business partnership and alignment to overall EMEA bushiness goals
- Accountable for forecasting within the team and roll up to the EMEA level
- Escalation management as required
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other key stakeholders such as Delivery and Practices, Operations and Deal Management, to drive smooth execution, sales cycle and handover processes; feedback field experience into Product Development
- Develop the “value add” of the Professional Services Digital Sales team to maximum success
Skills & Requirements
- Fluent level of English (German, French, Spanish or any Nordics language is a plus)
- 5+ years’ experience in a Tech company Sales environment as a player/manager, specifically with experience in the growth, development and ongoing management of a multi-country and multi-matrix team - software product company specifically preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of management experience
- Experience in Consulting or Professional Services a significant advantage
- A demonstrated passion for results and customer satisfaction
- Strong organizational and managerial skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Proven track record of driven results through coaching of individuals and teams; capable to manage a diverse group of people to common goals
- Proven track record of effective key stakeholder management, including the ability to demonstrate value cross-functionally across VMware
- Strong communication skills with a complex matrix organization
- Degree level qualification minimum
- Amazing office environment in the centre of Barcelona's tech HUB
- Being part of a rapidly-growing, international environment - we are currently over 100 colleagues and 30 nationalities from all over the world!
- Well established training plan, on-going coaching and real development opportunity (locally and globally)
- Competitive compensation + commissions
- Additional benefits, such as ticket restaurant, private health insurance, and gym allowance
- Team building events, such as company breakfast, summer- and Christmas parties, etc
- Volunteering events organized by the company
- Daily coffee, fresh fruits and beverages
- 24 vacations days per year
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Inside Sales
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-07-27
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Job ID: R2002599