VMware is now in Barcelona and we are building our Digital Sales Centre right in the heart of Glóries, Barcelona’s booming tech HUB! The centre has the feel of a start-up environment while also sitting under the established and highly regarded VMware brand. If you want to build a career in software sales, this could be the place for you with over a hundred of international peers to help us shape what’s possible for the most advanced companies in the world.We’re excited to be opening our doors in Barcelona and we welcome you to explore how our innovative solutions are having a positive impact on customers and communities everywhere.
As a System Engineer (SE) in the VMC on AWS team, you will get the opportunity to work with our leading-edge VMware Cloud Platform - Cloud Foundation – which is an unmatched portfolio of technologies integrated as a platform enabler, that assists customers and partners to meet the key challenges facing their business today.
Job Responsibilities & Key Objectives
- Providing pre-sales support for customers that have signed up for our VMC on AWS platform, using remote delivery mechanisms and ensuring a smooth onboarding
- Helping discover new workloads for customers to upload to the VMC on AWS cloud and accelerate consumption within a geographic territory or defined set of accounts with VMware sales teams
- Generate and deliver compelling content to improve our customers and partners knowledge of VMC on AWS solution and align our solutions and services to their needs
- Serve as a senior teammate for our potential new Graduate SE teams as they execute their day-to-day activities
- Execute a variety of pre-sales tasks including product overviews, customized presentations & demonstrations and in some instances perform complex solution design
- Execute infrastructure surveys, proposal development, advanced product evaluations and product feature/benefit discussions with the objective of growing VMware's business
Skills & Requirements
- Native level of German and fluent level of English
- Are a highly motivated self-starting pre-sales professional with an understanding of the sales process
- Are a great teammate who works with integrity to succeed in a high-energy, dynamic environment
- Are eager to always be learning, passionate about technology
- Have experience in similar positions with either a hardware or software sales company within the Cloud Business
- Have experience and appreciation of large and small scale projects focused on workload migration to Public Cloud – preferable AWS – and with a real drive for customer success
- Possess an enthusiastic communication manner, with excellent listening, interpersonal and writing skills
- Have a proven track record of supporting and delivering the pre-sales process to either partner organizations and/or end-users
- Amazing office environment in the centre of Barcelona's tech HUB
- Being part of a rapidly-growing, international environment - we are currently over 100 colleagues and 30 nationalities from all over the world!
- Well established training plan, on-going coaching and real development opportunity (locally and globally)
- Competitive compensation + commissions
- Additional benefits, such as ticket restaurant, private health insurance, and gym allowance
- Permanent contract with a 6-month of probation period
- Relocation package for our international candidates
- Team building events, such as company breakfast, summer- and Christmas parties, etc
- Volunteering events organized by the company
- Daily coffee, fresh fruits and beverages
- 24 vacations days per year
Career Development Opportunities
Are you constantly striving to improve yourself? If you invest in VMware, we invest in you!
At VMware, we have numerous programs for both personal and professional development which are all available to you if you are successful in your application. These programs include:
- Formal VMware training and certification, highly valued in the IT industry
- Regular enablement on new technologies to stay ahead of the game
- Opportunities to meet and collaborate with senior technical leadership on exciting projects
- Opportunity to work on the full technology stack from Cloud Infrastructure to DevOps tools
- VMware is a global company - international experience is also an opportunity
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-02-11
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.