... If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast paced environment working with smart, passionate colleagues, this might be the role for you. Amazon’s...
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast paced environment working with smart, passionate colleagues, this might be the role for you. Amazon’s transportation systems get millions of packages to customers worldwide faster and cheaper while providing world class customer experience – from checkout on the website, to shipment planning, fulfillment and delivery. Our software systems include services that use thousands of signals every second to make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers worldwide, manage business rules for millions of unique products, and improve experience of over 100 million online shoppers. With rapid expansion into new geographies, innovations in supply chain, delivery models and customer experience, increasingly complex transportation network, ever expanding selection of products and growing number of shipments worldwide, we have an opportunity to build software that scales the business, leads the industry through innovation and delights millions of customers worldwide. We leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, machine learning, real time analytics, and high volume, low latency, high availability services.
Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer to re-engineer how our transportation services prevent and solve real-time problems. This is a new initiative and development opportunity which will give you the ability to come and shape Amazon’s transportation services. You will help build new services and redefine the way a whole operational unit works, while using new technologies that improve usability and increase performance and scalability. You will have an opportunity to work with a wide range of teams and services across Amazon, and work alongside a core team of applied and data scientists working on optimization and machine learning models and applications. You will collaborate with the scientists on developing and evaluating machine learning models using large datasets to improve the customer experience through improved transportation services. You will own scaling up successful prototypes, implementing a reliable automated production workflow for the model, and integrate the model with the customer experience.
If you are an experienced software developer who has a knack for understanding business problems, understands the fundamentals of big data and machine learning, enjoys system design and wiring up things together, and is interested in re-defining and delivering new services to help fuel the explosive growth of ATS, then this is the job for you.
The main focus of ATS is to account for all network constraints, while maximizing the number of shipments shipped, minimizing cost, providing a variety of delivery options, and maximizing delivery performance. We prefer software development engineers who can thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment where we deliver value incrementally and frequently. We value highly technical people who know their subject matter deeply and are willing to learn new areas. We look for individuals who know how to deliver results and show a desire to develop themselves, their colleagues, and their career.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
· Strong coding skills in Python and Java.
· 3+ years professional experience in software development
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Experience building web services and Internet applications (client or server side)
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
· Experience with working on AWS services (S3, DynamoDB, EC2, API Gateway, Batch)
· Proficient in network, distributed, asynchronous and concurrent programming
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
· Experience in Agile/Scrum framework/methodologies
· Domain knowledge of Machine Learning
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.
¿Quieres solicitar en un clic y estar al día de las vacantes más nuevas y convenientes para ti? Regístrate como un estudiante!Regístrate online