... Trans Operations Manager, ROCAt Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take the first step and a day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of...
Trans Operations Manager, ROC
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take the first step and a day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
EU ROC Overview
European ROC (Relay Operations Center) is the central control center for Transportation Execution across the Amazon's European Transportation network, supporting both domestic and inter-country transportation movements for European geographies. The team is responsible for planning and scheduling the trucks/vehicles to be placed at each of our fulfillment centers across Europe, based on various factors such as forecast, historical trends, vehicles capacity and carrier capabilities. ROC plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon's European transportation network and thereby has direct impact on Amazon's ability to serve customers on time.
Purview of Trans Operations Manager, ROC
The ROC Operations Manager II works across the EU in a cross-functional environment with Carriers, Supply Chain, FCs and the Retail organizations to determine future demand for transportation resources, and translates the aforementioned into accurate capacity plans. S/he also facilitates the flow of information between different stakeholders (Trans Carriers/Hubs/Warehouses) and resolves any potential issues that impact customer experience and business continuity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Focus is on projects for an entire group or department, or a major piece of a larger cross-company product or project.
- Delivers moderately-complex medium to large scale projects from initiation through delivery.
- Gathers requirements from appropriate business owners, writes clear and detailed functional specifications, prioritizes features, and drives technical scoping as needed.
- Models and designs projects with future global rollout and constraints in mind.
- Serves as escalation point for Transportation Specialists and Operations Manager I
- Makes the right tradeoffs between schedule, resources, and scope in order to deliver on project; compiles project schedule and recommends optimal resource usage.
- Identifies and evaluates potential risks/obstacles with minimal direction from senior program managers. Determines appropriate corrective action.
- Identifies key milestones. Documents and manages project schedule with input from program/project team.
- Participates in recruiting efforts.
- Communicate with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Retail, Finance, Software Support, Fulfilment Centers).
- Provide real-time customer experience by working in 24x7 operating environment.
· Masters (MS) in Operations Research, Engineering or Supply Chain Management
· Proficiency in Advanced Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookUps)
· Fluent in English and one of the following languages: Spanish, French or Italian
· +3 years’ work experience in operations/supply chain/logistics/e-commerce.
· +2 years people Management experience
· Experience with supply chain management and transportation concepts such as forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, carrier negotiation, inventory management, S&OP
· Willing to travel to any of our FC/3PL sites in the region of coverage
· Experience managing large teams across different levels of expertise
· Data and metrics driven focus, both qualitative and quantitative.
· Strong analytical background; comfortable in ambiguous situations.
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.