Effective Software is a small (22 people) startup on a mission to transform workplace safety. We're the "Workday" of Health And Safety Software, and have become the fastest growing SaaS provider of Health and Safety Compliance Solutions in Europe. Through our mobile and online apps, we help our customers make life safer for their employees. Zartis is a European IT recruitment services company. We work with US companies building teams in Europe, and European companies building out their development teams.
Our system is a mix of technologies. We have an existing software platform that's built in PHP and uses a mySQL database (from Percona).
We have two native mobile apps (ReportOnSite and Engage). And we have a new platform that's built entirely in Go (golang).
The new platform is message based, and service oriented (you talk to it by sending messages, and generally, you're looking to talk to a service to get something done). We're gradually replacing the older PHP based system with new Go-based services, all the while ensuring we keep our customers happy and the system running well.
We like our software engineering here and we try and always improve how we do things.
What might your job involve?
Effective asks our Engineering Graduates to work on the real system. We don't do "make work" stuff that's there for the sake of it. So our mission will be to help you get comfortable and up to speed on how our system works, and then get you making a real difference. Goal is to lift up your skills to working in a large system, with a full team.
Anything you might work on with be something a customer needs, or something internal that is going to help us be better at what we do.
It could be any of the following:
- Help us build a new feature or fix an issue in our mobile apps (either iOS or Android)
- Totally overhaul our UI/UX for the web product, or start with a piece of it and make it better
- Make new services in Go to help accelerate our migration from the older platform
- Fix a real customer bug in the existing platform in PHP
Anyone who join us will:
- Be given several real projects to work on, possibly on different technology stacks if you are up to it
- Be a part of the real team - no pretendy stuff here - become part of our real, daily, weekly process
- Be assigned a mentor : someone in the Engineering Team who will harangue you, um, sorry, help you. A lot.
Interested? Apply asap!
Things to know about the company
- We're small, well-funded, 22 people, growing quickly
- We have 160 business customers, mostly UK/Ireland today
- We're ambitious, so we're planning for scale
- We have a nice new office in Madrid (Goya)
- If you have a software project you are proud of - tell us about it and why you're proud of it.
- If you ever developed a web app, or a mobile app - show us/ tell us.
- If you cracked a hard problem or made something better than when you found it - we want to know.
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.
¿Quieres solicitar en un clic y estar al día de las vacantes más nuevas y convenientes para ti? Regístrate como un estudiante!Regístrate online