... Amazon strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, and Amazon’s EU Consumer International Technology group (InTech) owns the enhancement and delivery of Amazon’s cutting-edge engineering to all the varied...
Amazon strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, and Amazon’s EU Consumer International Technology group (InTech) owns the enhancement and delivery of Amazon’s cutting-edge engineering to all the varied customers and cultures of the world. InTech does this through a combination of partnerships with other Amazon technical teams and its own innovative new projects. InTech spans all Amazon retail websites worldwide and international retail subsidiary The Book Depository.
Global bookseller The Book Depository joined the Amazon group in 2011. Its retail website bookdepository.com offers huge selection, great service, a wide choice of payment currencies, and free shipping to customers in over 100 countries worldwide. The business strives to delight customers by constantly improving its pricing, delivery and shopping experience. The Book Depository is based in London UK (HQ, Engineering), Madrid Spain (Engineering), Gloucester UK (Fulfilment Centre).
The position will be located in Madrid.
The Book Depository is looking for a Senior Software Developer, you'll be part of a small group of peers that make the Amazon magic happen. Whether it’s ownership of existing software or working on new products, you will lead the design and implementation of large scale efforts from the technical perspective. You’ll not only code, but also drive the direction of the software architecture, and work proactively with other teams on integration projects. Our Senior SDEs enjoy a great deal of autonomy. In addition to owning the architecture of a larger product, you will lead code reviews, mentor engineers, and drive important technical decisions. Senior SDE’s at Amazon own and drive engineering excellence of their team. It’s impactful work, with a level of autonomy often not offered to engineers at other companies.
Senior SDEs at Amazon are above all problem solvers, those we trust most in making technical decisions for how we build our software. They know every line of code we write matters in building great products. As the technical experts on their teams, Senior SDEs come from all different backgrounds, some deeply specialized, while others have a more generalist background. In any case, they are able to keep an eye on big picture while still keeping a finger on the pulse of the details; using both to inform their architectural and design decisions. Senior SDEs also have an eye on the bigger picture and influencing business strategy. Product managers and non-technical stakeholders will depend on you to balance technological demands
with business needs.
After building several generations of bookdepository.com using LAMP and PHP, we’re now also adopting Java, Amazon & AWS technologies. You will help lead this effort and setting with our Senior Engineers the direction.
Alongside the exceptional opportunities to grow your technical and non-technical skills we’ll make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary and stock units we offer benefits including 25 days plus public holidays, pension scheme, medical cover and employee discounts… plus the excellent long-term development prospects you’d expect from Earth’s leading online retailer!
· A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
· At least 8 years experience of relevant, varied engineering experience
· Proven track record of leading the delivery of large-scale, high-quality systems.
· Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, big "O" analysis and designing for performance, scalability and availability. Experience in an object oriented language such as Java, Ruby, C++, etc.
· Outstanding problem-solving abilities and a clear commitment to making Amazon a great place to work.
· Experience managing complex projects, with significant bottom-line impact.
· Experience mentoring/training an engineering ocmmunity on complex technical issues.
· Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
· Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others and strong analytical thinking skills.
· Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to have fun!
· A Masters in Computer Science or a related technical discipline is preferred.
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
· Experience with SQL, service oriented architectures, and internet security fundamentals.
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.
¿Quieres solicitar en un clic y estar al día de las vacantes más nuevas y convenientes para ti? Regístrate como un estudiante!Regístrate online