ING wants to be an innovative bank, so we need people who arereal innovators. Because within ING our people are the engine for ING´s growthand success.
The international project Model Bank is multi-cultural andcross-business, and is developing a borderless, scalable, retail platformuniting Spain, Italy, France, Czech Republic and Austria.
We offer the position DataArchitect within the IT department for the Model Bank project inMadrid.
Model Bank incollaboration with the MB countries (Spain, Italy, France and Czech Republic)aims to deliver:
- A retail harmonized digital platform (with 60% to 90% harmonization), fully focused on supporting the MB countries in increasing customer interaction, improving customer satisfaction and increasing sales
- A scalable platform which can be extended to on-board additional countries, products and services in future;
- An agile, central IT shared service center that can develop, maintain and run digital requirements going forward
- A high level of standardization and centralization across systems, processes, data and way of working aligned with Enterprise Architecture, Global Process Management, Global Data Management and Bank Infra
The DataArchitect will be in charge of managing all aspects of data and information(both structured and unstructured) across the organization, fromtranslation of business and strategic requirements into an informationarchitecture to logical and physical designs.
- Spans the full information management lifecycle from information acquisition through analysis, cleanse, transform, classify and storage to presentation, distribution, security, privacy and archiving.
- Is responsible for defining recovery strategies and developing a repository strategy to all information architecture artefacts.
- Develops data standards (e.g. common business vocabulary, naming conventions, etc.) and defines the governance structure and classification of the information and data objects.
- Designs centralized or distributed solutions that both address the user’s requirements and perform efficiently and effectively.
- Identifies, stewards and leverages existing data/information assets across the organization.
Knowledge and experience
- University degree (IT, Engineering) or equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrated experience in hands on development leadership role
- Proven experience in Agile environments and can work individually and as a team member
- Demonstrated involvement in successful change initiatives associated with IT in business.
- Work experience: 3-5y in as Data or Information Architect for large and complex organizations
- In-depth understanding of banking environment, products and processes
Technical skills required
- Data Modelling techniques
- Data processing and Real Time data analytics technologies (Spark, Flink, Storm)
- Relational Databases (Oracle) and NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis)
- Big Data strategies and platforms (HDFS, Yarn, Hive, Pig, Hortonworks, Cloudera …)
- DWH and Data governance (quality, lineage, metadata management, security and privacy) and Business Intelligence.
- Knowledge of non-functional aspects of IT Architecture (Performance, Resilience, Availability, Security, Storage management, etc.)
- Good communication skills (written /verbal)
- Ability to operate at own initiative with a pro-active attitude, within the directions and confines of management and Bank policy
- Ability to liaise with a broad range of people, including line management, senior management, external suppliers and related people.
- Problem solving ability and strong analytical skills
- Fluent English both written and oral
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Experience working in a team; exhibits clear behavior of a team player
- Execution driven