... At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one; a day to take a first step; a day to look forwards to new challenges; and today is that day for you. It’s your day to be part of something great; a day to make your ideas come...
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one; a day to take a first step; a day to look forwards to new challenges; and today is that day for you. It’s your day to be part of something great; a day to make your ideas come to life; and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That’s the energy and passion behind Amazon.
The corporate environment, health and safety (EHS) team is predominantly responsible for offices managed by the Global Real Estate and Facilities function but, also takes responsibility for non-operations sites and subsidiaries as required.
We are hiring this EHS Specialist role to join the internal EHS service team in Spain. The successful candidate will be an experienced, innovative, hands-on and customer obsessed individual, passionate about EHS, and able to identify, coordinate and drive improvements in EHS whilst engaging stakeholders. The successful candidate will report directly to the EHS Manager-Spain, but will be required to work with a high level of autonomy as they will not be based in the same location. The EHS Specialist will be a critical member of the corporate EHS service in Spain and, take responsibility for the Barcelona campus, with occasional travel to the Madrid campus; the EHS Specialist does not currently have any line management responsibilities.
The EHS Specialist must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. You will instruct and train site business leaders on Amazon EHS policies and assist the site teams in incorporating our EHS standards at their site. You will work to identify good practices and support the EHS Manager to incorporate these standard methodologies into our standards to continuously improve the EHS landscape. The EHS Specialist will possess excellent EHS program knowledge and be able demonstrate this expertise.
Site EHS Manager Responsibilities:
· Possess and update a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations.
· Provide EHS guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon EHS Policies and legal requirements.
· Ensuring the delivery of EHS performance in line with personal, team and functional goals and objectives, facilitating and/or arranging training programs on critical EHS issues.
· Analyze EHS metrics weekly and monthly to discover trends and rationalize the allocation of resources to areas where the EHS risk is highest.
· Supporting the implementation of EHS programs to constantly improve EHS culture within corporate offices.
· Conduct regular site visits to identify hazards, non-compliance and to improve controls.
· Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury.
· Support the EHS Manager to deliver EHS strategic improvements.
· Carrying out EHS risk assessment activities.
· Delivering EHS related training.
· Cooperating with local environmental authorities and H&S agencies.
· Investigate EHS related incidents, and support vendors in their risk assessment activities; complete internal and external incident reports.
· Deliver/support internal assessment/audit processes aligned to Global and Regional strategic objectives.
· Preparing responses to insurers/lawyers in response to personal injury claims received.
· Ensure that site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable on their EHS responsibilities.
· Arranging, facilitating and contributing to worker consultation and participation; e.g. EHS committee meetings.
· Contributing to reduce environmental impacts and maintain a sustainable approach for corporate office activities.
· Any other reasonable request.
· Acting as proxy for the EHS Manager as required.
· Must hold the qualifications necessary to work in an internal safety function in Spain.
· 3+ years of growing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations.
· Degree level qualification in a related environment, health and safety topic.
· Has a demonstrable in-depth understanding of essential/relevant EHS legislation.
· Spoken and written fluency in English and Spanish
· Availability to regularly travel to support Madrid and other locations in EMEA as required.
· Master’s degree in an Occupational Health and Safety/Environment subject
· Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort collaborating with site leaders.
· Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies.
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, the use of pivot tables and the development of charts and graphics.
· Ability to manage multiple sites/remotely.
· Membership of a professional H&S or environment body such as ASSE, IOSH, IEMA
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.
¿Quieres solicitar en un clic y estar al día de las vacantes más nuevas y convenientes para ti? Regístrate como un estudiante!Regístrate online