... Title - Transportation Operations SpecialistLocation - BarcelonaCompensation - Competitive Transportation Operations SpecialistHelp shape the future of Amazon in the EU!Do you see a clear path where others see roadblocks? Would...
Title - Transportation Operations Specialist
Location - Barcelona
Compensation - Competitive Transportation Operations Specialist
Help shape the future of Amazon in the EU!
Do you see a clear path where others see roadblocks? Would you rather break the mold to do something right than settle for the status quo? What if you could use your creativity to change the direction of the entire transportation and delivery sector to raise the bar on customer experience? Here is your opportunity:
Amazon is looking for a customer-focused, highly skilled Transportation Operations Specialist (f/m).
Purview of a Transportation Operations Specialist
Transportation Operations Specialist works across the EU in a cross-functional environment with the Supply Chain, FCs, AMS, FBA, Finance and the Retail organizations to determine future demand for Transportation resources, and translates the aforementioned into accurate capacity plans. S/he also maintains and reports up to date and accurate statistics, management reports and analysis. S/he also facilitates the flow of information between different stakeholders (Retail/FBA/Trans Carriers/FC/Finance) and resolves any potential issues that impact customer/vendor/seller experience and business continuity. Transportation Operations Specialist also provide timely resolution to the issue in hand by researching and querying internal tools and by taking real-time decisions. An ideal candidate should be able to understand the requirements/be able to analyze data and notice trends and be able to drive Customer/Vendor/Seller Experience without compromising on time. The candidate should have the basic understanding of Logistics and should be able to communicate clearly in the written and oral form.
As a Transportation Operations Specialist, you will provide the support to expand the of new transportation initiatives designed to improve overall efficiency and to meet the growing demand for transportation capacity. In addition, you will be responsible for defining and implementing product visions that meet our customers’ needs while satisfying performance and budget goals in EU.
· Communicate with stakeholders and being able to understand if the problem can be reoccurring in order to scale the solution provided
· Lead the development of key metrics and performance indicators to measure overall performance and provide foundation for continuous improvement and drive business results.
· Reporting and analysis through tools, portals and reports; following solution-driven approach to systems and processes, using advanced computer literacy (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word) and Data-warehouse analysis.
· Outstanding problem solving ability and technical aptitude. Ability to recognize gaps in change management, workflows and operational processes and procedures.
· Ability to work with multiple and ambiguous data sources to build solid business cases for project prioritization and decision-making processes.
· Scope out business and functional requirements for the Amazon technology teams who create and enhance the software systems and tools are used by the team.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent with excellent academic record, with Logistics/Supply Chain/ Mathematics/Science/Engineering subjects
· Ability to prepare, report and interpret large sets of data
· Proficiency in Advanced Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookUps)
· Fluent in English, and further additional EU languages also beneficial.
· Excellent communication, both verbal and written as one may be required to create a narrative outlining weekly findings and the variances to goals, and present these finding in a review forum.
· Strong inter-personal and relationship-building skills.
· Significant work experience in operations/supply chain/logistics/e-commerce is a plus
· Experience of Six Sigma/ Lean analytical techniques is a plus
Masters (MS) in Operations Research, Engineering or Supply Chain Management
A first experience supply chain management and transportation concepts : forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, carrier negotiation, inventory management, S&OP.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Salary – Competitive Package + Benefits
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.
¿Quieres solicitar en un clic y estar al día de las vacantes más nuevas y convenientes para ti? Regístrate como un estudiante!Regístrate online