This role can be located in Spain, France or Italy
Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform by engaging with governments, ministries, universities, schools, edtechs and publishers looking to transform teaching, learning and research? Do you have the business savvy, education policy, digital skills and technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space?
As a Business Development Manager (Education), you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s cloud computing platform within education organisations of all sizes. Your responsibilities will include helping to define the strategy for the education vertical, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish new business in this market, and enabling the sales team drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the minister, president, CxO/VP level, as well as at the educator and technical level. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about education, skills, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness to get it done is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the Education team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
· Help define the AWS Education market segment & customer base we target
· Set a strategic business development plan for the Education market and ensure it is in line with the AWS strategic direction.
· Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
· Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
· Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
· Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services and digital skills programs, making sure they have the resources required.
· Understand the education requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal teams to guide the direction of our product and solution offerings.
· Understand and exploit the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
· Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
· Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
· Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
· Experienced with account management and solution selling ability
· Some relevant technical knowledge is helpful, such as: database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems
· Proven business development experience in Education
· BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required
· Proactive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals
· Track record scaling success
· Experience working with nascent or high growth products/services
· Experience working on large scale Education programs
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent cross functional collaboration skills, ability to impact and influence outcomes in matrix environment
· Strong analytic and market segmentation skills
· Proven negotiating skills and influencing abilities; experience negotiating contracts
· Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
· Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
· Fluency in English and another European language
· MBA or equivalent degree preferred
· Communication and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust up, down, and across the company.
· Experience influencing product or service development
· Experience with Salesforce
Selecciona abajo la región que te interesa y recibe ofertas que se adapten a tu perfil en tu correo electrónico.