... Amazon strives to be the Earth's must customer-centric company. The European Customer Experience (EUCX) organization builds software that improves the customer shopping experience across all of Amazon's...
Amazon strives to be the Earth's must customer-centric company. The European Customer Experience (EUCX) organization builds software that improves the customer shopping experience across all of Amazon's European properties, such as website and mobile. We develop our own customer-facing features, service and platform based on European needs that are ready to be launched globally. Our work spans through a deep technology stack - from front-end customer experience to back-end service technology.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to own and deliver on one of our fastest-growing retail programs. We are searching for a smart, energetic, curious, critical-thinker and self-disciplined Software Development Manager to lead and grow a team of Software Engineers in sunny Madrid.
We develop software that improves the Customer Experience on Amazon’s EU websites and apps and are responsible for the evolution of our back-end services, tools and platforms to better support Amazon’s EU businesses. Projects span the definition of new customer-facing features, programs and services to the internal development of new systems, customization of existing systems, and integration of software developed by third parties. This team develops true pan-European programs that serve our European customers and businesses.
In this role, you will manage Software Engineers at multiple levels, alongside Quality Assurance engineers and Technical Program Managers. This role will work closely with a variety of business and technology platform and service teams across Amazon.
In EUCX, we look for experienced software engineering leaders who possess a wide variety of skills. As the successful applicant for this role, you will solve varied complex problems across Amazon (including business prioritization, technical challenges in optimization, large-scale computing, distributed systems, web applications and scalability to name just a few). You will drive multiple programs in parallel, working with business stakeholders and partner technical teams across Europe, India and the USA, and you will support the growth and development of a high-performing software engineering team. EUCX is composed of many clever and generally awesome people (if we say so ourselves!), so you'll learn a huge amount - and have a lot of fun in the process!
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· 10+ years experience managing software teams in a complex SaaS or similar environment
· English proficiency - written and spoken.
· Experience building and managing high performance technical teams and running multiple concurrent programs or projects
· Solid professional experience as a software developer
· Experience leading and inspiring technical managers: Encouraging innovation, operational excellence, and team development
· Able to collaborate closely with business stakeholders and discover the true requirements underlying feature requests
· Able to manage complex initiatives from conception to launch and deliver high-quality, innovative, clean and timely technical solutions
· Broad technical depth across the stack, with particular strength in web application development
· Able to dive deep, into both technical architecture and its associated business processes
· Able to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Experience of applying agile software development methodologies
· Comfortable with a document-driven culture, armed with excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Software development experience using SOA, OOP in a relevant modern programming language (Java, .Net)
· Able to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Specific knowledge of quality in software engineering, applying quality tools throughout the systems lifecycle
· In-depth knowledge of information security techniques and best practices
· Experience running large-scale or long-term systems migration programs
· Domain experience of ecommerce or retail
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.