Description of the area:
Network Planning is the area of Telefónica Business Solutions which manages Telefonica's IP international network. It is a Tier-1 network and it carriers more than 8 Tbps of Internet traffic, with direct interconection with more than 50 players (main OTT and international ISP, as well as all Telefonica domestic IP networks).
This area is the responsible for designing its architecure and topology to support Telxius and Telefónica international IP services. The network has more then 120 points of presence spread over 62 cities in 40 different countries, and it is build with the latest and high capacity routing technology.
Network Planning is the responsible to assure its backbone capacity and interconnection with the rest of IP networks to commit the delivery of international services, both to Telxius and Telefonica clients.
Design the infrastructure of Telefónica’s international IP backbone and plan its evolution, aimed at transforming the network and enhancing its competitive position.
Main duties and responsabilities:
• Support the definition of the IP Network Architecture: topology, network elements and footprint, with a model that is both technical and economically scalable.
• Develop annual technical plans and control network budget for a spefic region.
• Network capacity planning for IP services in an specific region.
• Elaborate technical and economic inputs for the annual recurrent plans of Telefónica Business Solutions, Telxius and customers’ projects Business Plans.
• Define, build and follow Network KPI for one specific region.
• Communicate network plan and capabilities to the rest of the company.
• Control, manage and assign IP/MPLS/BGP parameters for Network Elements.
• Define and manage public IPv4 and IPv6 addressing plan.
Nature of the problem:
Capacity planning for variable and multiple demands in an international footprint.
Design and document of high technical complexity and global projects with limited budget.
Deal with hardware vendor providers (Juniper, Cisco, Nokia, Huawei).
Work with different cultures and business environments inside Telefónica Group.
• Telecommunication engineering
• Telco industry knowledge and Internet standards
• Global project management
* Strong knowledge on SDN/NFV technologies, Internet evolution and future trends
* Juniper and Cisco router equipment
* Internet Architecture
* Routing Protocols: IP, MPLS, BGP, IS-IS, LDP
* IPv4 and IPv6 address management
• Demonstrate experience on building IP/MPLS Networks
Minimum 2 years on IP Networks Planning and Design or Technology departments.
Spanish and English:
• Strong skills, spoken and written on a business level both writing and speaking in this languages will be conducted on an ongoing basis
• Useful and valuable
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.
¿Quieres solicitar en un clic y estar al día de las vacantes más nuevas y convenientes para ti? Regístrate como un estudiante!Regístrate online