Training Location: virtual
Location after Training: Spain
It has never been a better time: to lead, inspire and innovate. Today at Cisco we are building teams that are expanding our technological capabilities in exciting new ways across mobile, cloud, security, IT, collaboration, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. Through the Internet of Everything we transform our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. We work with customers across all sectors so your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and beyond. There are over 3 billion people and 10 billion connected things in the world now, and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco. Join us to collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place to Work.
What you will do as Consulting Engineer:
By joining the Customer Experience Delivery team you will become a trusted advisor to our customers. You will consult with them to build a solid, long-term relationship, providing thought leadership in solving their technology challenges and supporting them in achieving their business outcomes. On a day to day basis, this involves working with them directly to review their technical business requirements to propose innovative technology designs that will meet their current and future needs. This will involve the provision of a range of IT consultancy services and the creation and presentation of project documentation incorporating elements design, implementation and testing in line with Cisco standards.
For Consulting Engineer, day to day that means:
- Building and maintaining relationships with a variety of international customers
- Navigate customers through evolving technology and digital transformation
- Prepare customer's business and technology infrastructure for emerging trends
- Propose and review data center, cloud, network, or security designs exceeding business specifications
- Install, configure, and integrate innovative solutions or applications of Cisco and Third Party solutions
- Keeping an eye on the ever increasing security requirements and constantly evolving threat landscape
- Manage or optimise existing network or cloud infrastructure with redundancy and risk mitigation in mind
- Solve technology and software problems that cross a broad range of technologies, help reduce risk and increase operational efficiency
- Opportunity for travel and face-to-face customer consulting as required
- Building a specialisation in a specific technology, customer, or market segment, based on broad general training
What we can offer you:
- Participate and thrive in the Cisco team culture, built on openness and transparency.
- You will spend the start of your career with Cisco on a virtual training, where you will have the opportunity to connect with a large group of like-minded associates from all over Europe.
- Through world class training you will have the opportunity to become a leading expert in Software, Cloud, Mobility, Security, Collaboration or Data Center. You will then move into your permanent role where you will be given real responsibility from day one.
- You will have the opportunity to combine your degree education with learnings from our advanced training environment to build creative solutions to significant business challenges.
- We want you at the heart of the Cisco transformation to software, services, and solutions.
- We offer a fantastic work environment while you will receive a competitive salary and generous benefit; including ability to work remotely and lead a balanced lifestyle.
What you will need to succeed:
- You are excited by the fascinating world of Cisco software, security, or infrastructure solutions, and you love to see customers succeed.
- You are a recent graduate or on your final year of studies towards a degree or related program or other academic certification; equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree
- You can live and work in Spain with no additional VISA sponsorship from Cisco
- You are fluent in English and Spanish
- A technology enthusiast, enjoying talking about innovation and always keeping up with the latest technology news.
- A strong communicator with the confidence to engage and talk to a wide range of people.
- View team collaboration as instrumental to achieving success.
- Enjoy looking at practical real life challenges and think creatively to solve them.
- Approach situations with an open and curious mind, taking on challenges with an eye for opportunity.
- First 6 months (together with all associates from across EMEAR): full-time virtual training, shadowing and job rotation. If you have no work experience this will act as your transition from university campus to work life.
- After 6 months: join the local CX team in Spain, assuming ownership and responsibility of regional CX deliverables and customer success, supported by ongoing mentorship and guidance to accelerate your continuous development. Shape solutions of real world challenges, closely mentored and integrated into our diverse team.