Descripción del empleo
Contribuirás a acabar con el hambre en el mundo por ...
The Gender and Protection Referent is part of Action Against Hunger Macro Process 1 Humanitarian Awareness under the supervision of the Transversal Desk Officer located in Madrid, Spain. The referent contributes to the creation and the harmonization of the Transversal Policies and Approaches department under the leadership of the Transversal Desk and under a strong coordination and teamwork with the other cross cutting themes referents, thus contributing to a transversal enabling environment. The general objective of the position is to co-lead the integration of the transversal policies and approaches – Gender and Protection - in our projects and organization. The position ensures consistent compliance of the organization with humanitarian cross-cutting mainstreaming defined standards, and directly contributes to the strengthening of the internal capacities of our teams, at adding more value to our programs while increasing our commitment towards a gender transformative approach and protection.
Las principales actividades que desempeñaras son las siguientes:
- Objective 1: Operationalize Gender and Protection through its policies, strategies, action plans and tools GENDER •Follow up the new Gender transformative policy and design or define strategies, action plans, indicators, positioning papers, among other documents, that define and measure the conceptual and operational frameworks for the integration of cross-cutting approaches in the organization's departments and projects, in the field of gender. •Disseminate and communicate to the missions and HQ departments, in collaboration with the International Gender Unit and the network, the new gender transformative approach, so that there is a sound knowledge, understanding and mainstreaming in the organization’s programmatic priorities. •Build knowledge and improve the capabilities of the organization's missions’ staff (namely the Gender and Protection advisors) and programs by developing and updating tools, methodologies, and good practices (IASC Gender with Age Marker among others). PROTECTION •Follow up the new Protection policy and design or define strategies, action plans and indicators for its mainstreaming in the missions’ strategies, programs and projects, by the missions’ staff and concerned HQ departments. •Design positioning papers, among other documents, that define the conceptual and operational frameworks for the integration of cross-cutting approaches in the organization's projects, in the field of protection. •Disseminate Protection project toolkits and its policy tool to the missions in coordination with the other departments while assuring harmonization with other members of the network
- Objective 2: Provide capacity strengthening, analysis, sensitization and coaching of the transversal topics Gender and Protection •Facilitates and/or conduct trainings sessions and awareness processes and make influence for the organization's staff on Gender and Protection as the corresponding cross-cutting approaches. •Participate in working groups related to gender and protection at the level of the HQ departments, the organization network, relaunch the group goals and enable its functioning. •Review and contribute to the main donors’ strategic approach, trends and requirements regarding gender and protection as the cross-cutting themes, aimed at adopting a methodology or approaches which support the adaptation of the organization positioning in front of donors if required.
- Objective 3: Representation, coordination and digitalization of the transversal topics – Partnerships and Localization – with internal (the organization HQ, missions and the network) and external stakeholders •Represent and coordinate the organization’s gender and protection new initiatives, updates, good practices and lessons learned with the internal stakeholders (transversal department, OPE department, HQ, missions, regional offices, network). Reference for information sharing and internal communication. •Represent the organization’ gender and protection interests linked with the value proposition to external stakeholders at relevant meetings, working groups, events, and within resource mobilization or donor-specific groups. •Collaborate in the tracking and reflection of new trends, tendencies or topics which will become relevant in the future to integrate as a new transversal policy and approach. •Digitalization of gender and protection data with the collaboration of the Transversal Desk.
Esta descripción encaja contigo?
- Knowledge in humanitarian project management. Knowledge/Studies in Humanitarian Aid, International Cooperation/development, Gender and/or Protection specific studies
- Technical knowledge of humanitarian principles, institutional donors’ requisites for cross cutting themes mainstreaming and integration; technical knowledge on Gender and Protection
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in NGO , including at least 3 years of project management experience in the field, and experience with international public donors. Mixed field and HQ experience is an asset.
- Humanitarian sector knowledge and experience with projects focus on mainstreaming or integrating gender and protection as cross-cutting themes in advising, producing tools, consulting and training roles. Knowledge of Action against Hunger and its operation department areas of work .
- Spanish and English are obligatory; French is highly desirable (spoken, read and written). Windows domain (Excel, Power Point, Word); Internet, Zoom, Teams. Digital tools knowledge and/or use. Availability to travel, in short periods.
Nuestro paquete retributivo:
Acción contra el Hambre se compromete a prevenir cualquier tipo de comportamiento no deseado en el trabajo, incluyendo el acoso sexual, la explotación y el abuso sexual, la falta de integridad y /o mala praxis financiera; Esperamos que todo nuestro personal y los voluntarios compartan este compromiso a y compartan nuestro código de conducta y otras políticas relacionadas ya que sólo aquellos que compartan nuestros valores y código de conducta serán reclutados para trabajar para nosotros.
Joining a multicultural, professional and innovative organisation that is committed to equality and has an Equality Plan as a tool to mainstream its commitments in the matter. By working with Action Against Hunger you will also have the opportunity to participate in projects with a high social impact.
- Tipo de contrato
- Tiempo completo
- Publicado el
- Tipo de trabajo
- Medios (TV, cine, radio) / Editoriales
- Carnet de conducir
- Carta de motivación