Did you ever dream of working on something that is helping save the planet? What if you, writing code, could reduce carbon emissions and plant trees?
At refurbed, your work will contribute to doing exactly that. We’ve built THE marketplace for sustainable goods. For every sale we plant a tree (Over 1 million planted so far) and by creating a place where electronic products are refurbed like new and given a 2nd life, we have saved 30 million Kg of CO2 already. If this sounds like a mission you could get behind, then please read on.
, we are looking for an experienced Sr. Backend Developer (m/f/x) who wants to learn Go
or keep developing it in a formal setting. In this position, you will support us in building our platform, which includes our main API, AMQP worker daemon as well as several other services. Our tech-stack consists on Go, gRPC, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, GCP/Kubernetes in the backend and Vue.js, Alpine.js, Tailwind in the frontend.
Together with you and your talent, we want to make consumption sustainable and build the leading marketplace for refurbished products in Europe. Join us on our mission! #TalentForFuture
WHO YOU ARE
- Significant experience designing and implementing backend services
- Extensive formal experience writing code in C++, Python or Scala programming language
- Good knowledge of SQL and relational database design
- You work independently and are goal-oriented.
- You have excellent English skills
- You are located in one of the European time zones
- Formal education in Computer Science or related
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Development of our main API
- Development of our smaller backend services
- Integration of external systems into our platform
ADDITIONAL FACTORS WE APPRECIATE
- You have experience with PostgreSQL
- You are comfortable working with *nix systems
- You have experience working with NGINX
- You have experience working with RabbitMQ
- You have experience working on highly-available and fault-tolerant systems
- You are active in the open-source community
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
Let’s not waste our talent and use our valuable time to make a difference and help fix our planet. We care about the world – Join us on our mission and be part of our exciting journey!
Our culture and values:
- Decisions should be made based on facts and not by hierarchy levels? We sure think so!
- We embrace giving and receiving feedback, testing and welcoming new ideas, as well as sharing our knowledge across the company.
- You fail sometimes? Well, so do we! We’re all just human, let’s not cry about it but learn from our mistakes to improve in the future!
- Check this video
Diversity and Inclusion:
- No matter who you love, where you’re from, who you pray to, whether you pee sitting down or standing up – we are a bunch of talented people who enjoy spending our time making a difference!
- We hire for extra perspective and have around 120 great individuals from 30 nationalities and everyone brings something new to the table – no need to fly around the world, the refurbed family feels like travelling!
Development and Happiness:
- A challenging and attractive techstack (see
- You’ll get a smooth start by joining our 1.5 week long Onboarding Process to learn about our concept and what each department is doing to achieve our mission.
- We are keen on Career Development – So join our trainings, language courses or any other development program that will help you grow personally & professionally and steer your career into the future you are planning.
- With an average of 80% overall company happiness, month after month, you will be part of a company that values its team members and their well-being.
Events and Fun
- We like spending time with each other and we love parties and host four big parties each year (including our very own refurbed Oktoberfest!), monthly Townhall meetings and also support team events with a budget!
- Not a party animal? No problem at all - join one of our awesome refurbed clubs and do yoga, go hiking or play football with fellow team members. In the office we can come together for drinks, cookies, ice cream, a game of table football or darts, whenever we feel like it.
- We trust you to do the best job, so we don't care so much when you do it – you are able to self-organize.
- 25 days of paid vacations
- Paid public holidays
- Discounts in various sustainable brands
- Work from home or in our modern and sustainable office in the heart of Vienna – we love dogs, so feel free to bring your furry little buddy too. And yes, there are free fruit, coffee & drinks in the office :)
You want to build the leading marketplace for refurbished products in Europe and change the world by making it easier to sell sustainable products? Then apply now!