Summary of Position
- Work with a technical team of developers creating and supporting applications for Android that are built primarily in Java with an Angular/Angular 10 UI with native Android wrappers.
- Work collaboratively in a group of passionate developers in a high energy, fast paced and outcome-oriented environment
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across time zones (Australia, USA, and Poland) to define, design, and ship new features
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Hands on experience working with Android SDK, Android Studio, APIs, Database/SQL
- 5-8 years of experience in software development
- 3-5 years of experience in Android development
- Fluency with Java
- Knowledge of cutting-edge Android technologies as well as other mobile technologies and trends
- Experience in consuming web services using JSON/ XML
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Strong opinion about design and a desire for building beautiful user experiences
- A constant drive to make things simpler and faster
- Comfortable and able to thrive in a well established team with a startup culture and mindset.
- Strong communication skills in English both written and oral
- Proficient in the day-to-day practicalities of Agile software development
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Experience working in a DevOps-oriented culture that prioritizes continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
Why join our IX Collective?
Join an international team with a People First & #GotYourBack mentality. We are a special collective that support each other, and shine with technical brilliance. Our teams are in Ukraine, The Philippines, Australia, UK and USA. We are excited to start working now in Poland too. We welcome Ukrainians to apply.
You may work from home or we will support you with a co-working location in the city if you prefer.
We offer health insurance, relocation allowance, and multiple sports card.
We are a diverse and creative collective that understands the power and potential at the intersection of technology and humanity. One of the tenets of our Core Virtues is Our diversity is our power and we are inspired by all voices. We prioritize inclusion and diversity as it makes us more powerful, innovative, and successful.
- equality in the workplace
- respectful engagement
- safe interactions, and
- an environment that embodies fairness and celebrates diversity
We promote equal opportunity, without regard to race, gender, age, sexuality, family status, disability, national origin, or other accidental quality.