We are on a path to become the single largest provider of commercial intelligence and automation across the travel and transportation industry.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System that reshapes how travel and transportations businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Tests to join our team. You will collaborate with product and engineering teams to ensure we deliver high-quality and reliable ML-based, data-driven web applications. We are looking for people who are passionate about innovative technology, like to work with complex problems, want to learn and have a sense of ownership.
What will your destination look like at Flyr?
- You monitor overall components health by identifying tests suites failures, reporting defects, drive bug triage and root cause analysis process with engineering teams to ensure application reliability
- You will collaborate with the Engineering Manager and self-organizing Scrum teams including Technical Product Owners, frontend, backend developers and other SDETs to advocate for engineering excellence, build quality metrics and lead testing initiatives
- Manually test new features as necessary, determine gaps and corner cases to improve automated tests coverage
What you can bring to this trip:
- Degree and/or advanced domain expertise and successful industry experience in either Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, Economics, or Operation Research
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in test automation or a similar position
- Deep knowledge in testing skills: building testing plans and strategies, writing test cases, triaging bugs
- Experience with version control systems
- Experience with CI/CD testing integration
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Willingness to get a deep understanding of airline domain knowledge
- Strong communication skills, sense of ownership and drive
- Independence, pragmatic approach and attention to detail
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Knowledge of SQL
What we can offer you?
- B2B or regular employment contract
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home
- Medical care & Sport card
- Work equipment (macOS, monitor, keyboard)
- Training budget
- Many more!
About FLYR’s product
Cirrus, our Revenue Operating System, is deployed by major commercial airlines both internationally and domestically. Cirrus leverages an extensive data- and deep learning infrastructure that was built from the ground up to solve airlines’ most complex commercial challenges.
Founder Alex Mans started FLYR in 2013, initially with the intent to remove inefficiencies in airline pricing for travelers. Since then, we've shifted focus to address the forecasting and pricing problems at the core of major airlines, and we have built a team with a wide range of experiences in enterprise technology, aviation, and entrepreneurship. We are a dynamic and fast-growing travel tech start-up headquartered in the SoMa neighborhood in San Francisco with a European development hub in Krakow, Poland.
Impact of COVID-19
While the effects of COVID-19 on commercial aviation (our primary client base) have been widely publicized, demand from airlines around the globe has exceeded all expectations. On the back of incredible outperformance compared to legacy incumbents in our space, we are on track for an exceptionally strong 2021 and beyond. While the road to travel recovery isn’t easy, you won't find any other industry as dedicated to continuous improvement and reinvention.
Our Commitment to Fairness
At FLYR, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace a commitment to have our teams better reflect the world around us as we scale the business.