We’re about to convince you that you need a new job… and that you’ve just found the perfect opportunity. We’re steadily growing, and we’re continuously looking to expand our team with experienced Python engineers.
Join Reef Technologies and work on your own terms:
- Contribute from wherever you like – we are fully remote.
- Pick your own working hours individually. We only hold ~2 calls per week.
- Work with dynamic startups from all over the world on the projects of your choice.
- Contribute to the decision-making process and influence the way we operate.
- Choose the projects you want to work on. We receive enough offers to only accept the ones that we like.
Remuneration on a B2B contract:
- 55 - 70 USD or 220 - 300 PLN per hour, or
- 9240 - 11760 USD or 36960 - 50400 PLN a month if you do 40 hours per week
- Flexible work schedule (measured by time tracker)
Additional perks of working at Reef Technologies:
- We offer a stable position at an established company in a booming industry.
- All decision-makers, including the CEO, are Senior Python Engineers.
- We cover reasonable coworking space expenses.
- You’ll be assigned a private assistant to save time on personal obligations.
- You’ll get financial help to buy the necessary hardware.
- You’ll work in a multicultural environment where everyone has a say.
- You’ll get to use your English skills on an everyday basis.
- You’ll get to take advantage of our flexible leave policy.
And don’t forget that you’ll be free to work wherever and whenever you want to. We believe that you’ll do your part by independently taking the right decisions.
Our only expectation timewise is for you to contribute around 30-40 hours per week, which we believe is optimal for sustainable full-time engagement in a remote setting. You’re free to distribute those hours throughout the week in the way that you find the most convenient, within reason.
We want to ensure proper work-life balance and create an environment where you can focus on your code while at work, and on whatever brings you pleasure in your free time.
That is why as one of our benefits we offer the services of a private assistant. Appointments, research, online shopping, and more – you choose which tasks to pass on to your assistant.
Expert Python engineer wanted
Do you have at least 5 years of programming experience – not necessarily professional – including at least a year with Python? If so, you have probably written so much Python code in your life that at times you want to express your thoughts through list comprehensions. Thanks to your extensive experience, you can solve any problem that gets thrown at you, but that is not enough – you come up with multiple solutions for every issue, and you always know how to choose the most Pythonic one.
And that is all a good sign – a sign that means you’re exactly the type of person that we’re looking for! If you’d like to see what it’s like to work with Python natives who all bring their long-standing expertise to the table, please get in touch. Spoiler alert: it’s great.
We have good manners, though, so let us introduce ourselves first. Do you want to find out more about the company? We were hoping you’d ask.
Get to know your future company
Reef Technologies is a fully remote Python backend software house. We’re a small, agile, senior-only team. All of our current members have more than seven years of strong experience, so we don’t ever have anything urgent to fix. We only deliver stable solutions, as we have developed a system that has delivered more than a hundred challenging projects in the last three years. We’d like to improve it even further with you on the team.
The demand for our work is extremely high, so we get to pick and choose the projects that we want to take on – and the same goes for you. Before you get assigned to a project, you’ll get a personal call from the CEO asking whether you’re interested in that particular task and if you don’t like it, we’ll just get something else. That’s the beauty of having a sales team that greatly outperforms our delivery capacity.
Let your code have a real impact
At Reef Technologies, we don’t have managers. Thanks to the group decision-making framework, Sociocracy 3.0, every member of the team can be sure that their opinion will be valued. (Check it out
, you’ll be wondering how you survived in traditional organizations until now!)
doesn’t only take care of sales, bureaucracy, and client relationships - he is also a programmer, so all of us really do work together and understand the job at hand.
What type of projects would you work on? We mainly accept offers from startups and small-to-medium businesses from the US, the UK, and Canada. Some projects may only last a couple of hours, while others take even a few years for us to complete. There is one thing that you can be sure of, though - that it will always be your personal choice whether to work on a particular project or reject it. What would you have thought about these?
- financial data warehouse which aggregates over 31 000 time series into a few hundred charts for a fintech company from London
- graph data search/visualization system for auditors/investigators from Norway
- super scalable WAF optimized down to extremely low running costs for a client from Chicago, IL
- multisource cloud object synthesizer library for a storage provider from San Mateo, CA
- report generator/inventory tracker for an e-commerce/healthcare company from Canada
- k8s-based revenue optimizer for large private GPU compute clusters in North America
- paper product level tracker for toilet cleaners from Canada
- hydrant certification report generator for Australian plumbers
- multi-tenant hospitality management system for large properties in the US
- large scale information display system for retailers (international)
We have already delivered those, but you can be sure we’ve got even more exciting projects coming up in the future.
All that without ever setting foot in an office. We have completed those projects – and many more – from the comfort of our own homes, from tropical beaches and from our favorite coffee shops. Some of us work early in the morning, others start off late in the night. Each of us is free to choose their own programming environment. We know our engineers are competent enough to organize their work and achieve top productivity in their own way. Do you think you'd enjoy this type of freedom? Become one of us and make the world a better place by delivering more than just lines of code.
Want to know more?
Does this sound like a job you might enjoy, but you’re afraid your experience may not be enough? Then you should check out our
Senior Python Developer opening as well