Who we are
Everli is Europe’s leading marketplace for online grocery shopping and one of its fastest growing scale-ups. Our mission is to help people achieve peace of mind by simplifying the grocery shopping experience.
We are supported by world-class investors, raising $100 million in Series C in 2021 led by Verlinvest, with participation from Luxor, DN Capital, C4 Ventures, Convivavilité Ventures, FITEC, 360 Capital Partners, Innogest and DIP.
New customers quadrupled last year as we expanded into new international markets and covered 80 cities. We achieve our growth through a culture that is collaborative, transparent, data-driven and focused on our mission.
Our rapidly growing and diverse international team (20 nationalities and counting) has offices located in Italy (with headquarters in Milan & Verona), Czech Republic, France and Poland. We will soon launch our business in Germany and Romania and we have many remote job opportunities in other countries as well.
Our professional challenge:
Every month we have millions of sessions and hundreds of thousands of users on the platform. Our apps have more than a million downloads. Customers create thousands of orders every day in multiple countries. But we want more and we need your help to achieve it.
As a Front End Engineer in the Demand component, your products and ideas will be used by thousands of customers every day and you can make a difference for all of them.
Things like category and product listing, offers, cart handling, checkout, payments and authentication are part of the daily agenda. But that's not all! We have our own advanced search engine and fraud detection mechanisms, a detailed order tracker for our customers, a subscription system, push notifications and much more. Everything is done through REST APIs, consumed by our website and apps, always keeping an eye on the security and the privacy of our users.
If you care about customers and their needs, if you are not afraid of pushing code used by millions and you are always up-to-date with new technologies, then we are looking for you to join our Demand Tech team!
What you will do:
- You will join a small distributed team of developers with decision-making autonomy: you will be responsible for your work.
- You will be part of an autonomous and heterogeneous squad, working closely with other areas, like Product, Design and Analytics.
- You will find brilliant solutions for complex problems and own the process from the analysis to the delivery.
- You will ship high-quality software: well-designed, well-tested and scalable.
Why you should join us now:
- You have the chance to change the life of millions of people;
- You can rely on talented and collaborative colleagues who will both push and support you;
- You get a competitive compensation package;
- You receive a budget to create your own home workstation;
- You can use a yearly training budget (for online courses, books, conferences, workshops...);
- You can choose your preferred work laptop (Mac/PC) and you get a software license budget;
- You have flexible working conditions and you can work wherever you want: our team is fully remote since 2017;
- You can enjoy a work life budget to book short/medium periods of accomodation in amazing places in Italy where you can work remotely, bringing with you a relative, friend or teammate;
- You have a 15% discount on your grocery with
What you bring:
- Love for coding: you are proud of your work;
- Excellent knowledge of modern technologies and web patterns (REST API, Single Page Applications, ...);
- Experience building cross-browser and cross-device responsive interfaces;
- Experience working with automation tools (Gulp, Webpack, …);
- Familiarity with automated tests (Jest, Mocha, ...);
- Great communication and synthesis skills;
- Analytical, detail-focused mindset, but always looking at the big picture;
- Team player: you work well with other people within and outside the tech team;
- Being able to legally work in Europe: you are the holder of an EU Passport or you are the holder of an EU residency permit or you are the holder of a Schengen Work Visa.
Our salary range for this position will be:
Employees: 30 to 40k as Gross Annual Salary (€)
Freelancers: 20 to 30€ per working hour
Everli is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We foster an inclusive and diverse workplace. No matter who you are, what you look like or how many years ago you have started your career: you will always be welcome in our team. Just like in a grocery store, diversity is richness!