Salary: 20 000 – 30 000 PLN net invoice amount in the case of a B2B contract or 16 600 – 24 900 PLN gross on the contract of employment
Location: remote work (with access to coworking spaces in your city)
We’re one of the fastest-growing IT companies in Europe. Our flagship product is a live-chat app powered by unique chatbot solutions. As a customer experience tool, we help micro & small businesses worldwide serve their clients efficiently. We aim to develop as an organization constantly, in 2021 we were awarded a prestigious Great Place To Work certificate.
Working at Tidio means having an impact on thousands of companies and millions of their users. But our clients are not the only ones who can grow with us. By joining Tidio, you can grow, too!
A few facts about us:
- Every month, our widget is viewed by 510 million unique users, which is 6.2% of the global population
- Our product is in the TOP 5 most popular live chat solutions in the world, and our goal is to become no. 1
- Currently, we hire over 130 fantastic people and we plan to grow the team even bigger in the next months
- We manage a data warehouse of 5TB, and it is still growing!
Would you like to see how working with us looks like? Check out our #GrowWithTidio video >>
By joining Tidio as an Engineering Manager you will become a member of the Engineering Leaders team. Your main task will be to help our teams effectively take our SaaS product, used by 17 million unique users daily, to the next level - 100m+. We are at the beginning of a very quick growth period, so scaling (doubling on the number of people and revenue) is the number one priority. It is an excellent opportunity to help, guide, and support our smart engineers to accomplish their and their teams’ goals. If a fast-paced scale-up, endless challenges & opportunities, or innovation sounds fun to you, then check the details below!
As an Engineering Manager you will:
- TLDR: lead, deliver value, hire and help grow engineers,
- Lead a maximum of 2 teams (about 8 experienced engineers),
- Help develop your team members by:
- building together their career plans, setting goals, following up on them with regular and thoughtful feedback,
- discovering needs in terms of engineers’ skills growth and making sure the value from the training budget is maximized,
- building a strong Engineering culture by being the role model of Tidio’s core values: #FocusOnImpact, #TakeOwnership, #PlayFair, #Learn&Share and helping your team members grow in these areas,
- incorporating a “get it done right” approach that combines fast proof of concepts and long-term planning,
- running recurrent performance reviews,
- Hire new Tidioers and partner with Product Owners and Head of Technology in forecasting Engineering hiring needs,
- Prepare Tidio to scale by:
- collaborating with engineers and peers, driving strategic initiatives inside your team and across the Technology department (e.g. CI/CD automation, tests automation, cross-team projects, onboarding, internal policies, etc.),
- aligning company and department goals with your teams’ goals and be the communication bridge for the Product, Design, DevOps, and Engineering folks,
- Be accountable for the overall execution and efficiency of your team and have a direct impact on delivering value for Tidio 100k+ customers by:
- partnering with your team and Product Owner to scope new features, help estimate and plan Sprints, take care of transparency of its progress, and build together team’s roadmap,
- continuously improving the way your team works in an Agile environment, having the main focus on delivering true business impact,
- promoting industry and our Guilds’ (Backend, Frontend, QA) standards assuring quality, automation, performance, scalability, and security,
You are a perfect fit if you:
- Have min. 4 years of experience in the software development area in a leadership role;
- Have an engineering background - you loved or still love to code, but decided to put more energy into leadership skills,
- Led effective delivery of multiple projects or teams in a highly dynamic, fast-paced, software development environment,
- Are a people-oriented leader able to model and cultivate a collaborative culture of ownership, delivering while being fair and having fun,
- Have outstanding communication skills and ability to explain technical issues to people at various skills levels,
- Providing feedback is your natural reaction when something important happens;
- Hired or designed hiring processes for Engineering roles,
- Have a passion for technology – striving for the highest standards in quality of the software,
- Growth is the fuel that keeps you motivated to work,
- Feel like fish in the water when working with remote or mixed (remote + office) teams,
- Can communicate in English fluently,
- At this point asking about decision-making, strategic planning, time management, or problem-solving skills seems like a rhetorical question, right?
You will earn bonus points for:
- Having experience in working in a SaaS/product company,
- Knowing the meaning of typical SaaS & Engineering metrics (e.g. MRR, churn, lead time, MTTR, velocity, etc.) and having an ability to incorporate them into the daily life of the team,
- You would love to have lunch with Ken Schwaber, Robert C Martin or Sandro Mancuso.
We would like to offer you:
- Salary of 20 000 – 30 000 PLN net invoice amount in the case of a B2B contract or 16 600 - 24 900 zł gross on the contract of employment,
- Work with the best People&Culture team ever, in an atmosphere full of trust and empowerment; Hard to believe? Ask