Voodoo is a tech company that creates mobile games and apps. With 6 billion downloads and over 300 million monthly active users, Voodoo is the #2 mobile publisher worldwide in terms of downloads after Google.
The company is one of the most impressive examples of hypergrowth in the ecosystem, having raised over $1B and backed by Goldman Sachs, Tencent, and GBL. Deciding to expand its portfolio of products further, Voodoo has more recently announced that it will invest $200M in blockchain gaming studios, to lead the transformation of mobile gaming.
Voodoo is now a team of over 600 employees worldwide, we’re looking for talented individuals from across the globe to come and entertain the world with us.
The full-remote option is accepted only if you reside in a country where the company has a legal entity.
Voodoo is creating a small experimentation team with a big mission: find the next best way to entertain the world by taking our best hits to a new level. You will be one of the first members in a team of six and you will participate in every aspect of development, from ideation to testing the games in the market.
- Develop and maintain the overall visual style of the game
- Create, integrate and animate 2D or 3D characters, environments, VFX, and other art assets
- Create, integrate and animate simple, modern, usable, and useful UI
- Closely collaborate with your teammates: contribute beyond your scope to the overall design, development, and marketing of the game
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a relevant position
- Strong affinities for casual sleek and modern art styles
- Great fundamental art skills and knowledge of graphic design principles
- Understanding of User Interface principles for mobile games
- Mastery of Unity game art, animation, and UI integration pipeline with mobile layout and performance/optimization constraints in mind
- Proficiency with 2D tools such as Photoshop and the Creative Suite
- Experience with one relevant 3D software (Max, Maya, Blender)
- Understanding of the free-to-play gaming market and KPIs, with a data-driven approach when it comes to decision-making
- Deep collaboration mindset, including excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a positive mindset towards receiving, acting on, and giving feedback
- Accountability, independence, and responsibility when given ownership over your work
- An eagerness to learn new ways to perform your tasks in a more efficient way, and to improve yourself days after days
Bonus: experience in the more technical side of game art (e.g. shaders, Houdini, ...)
Benefits: competitive salary and other benefits according to the country you reside.