Get to know us better
CodiLime is a software and network engineering industry expert and the first-choice service partner for top global networking hardware providers, software providers and telecoms. We create proofs-of-concept, help our clients build new products, nurture existing ones and provide services in production environments. Our clients include both tech startups and big players in various industries and geographic locations (US, Japan, Israel, Europe).
While no longer a startup - we have 250+ people on board and have been operating since 2011 we’ve kept our people-oriented culture. Our values are simple:
Act to deliver
Disrupt to grow.
Team up to win.
The project and the team
The project involves building a user interface for software responsible for configuring EVPN. The project is part of the client’s company business, so you will be able to touch money-spinning product, which is a complex solution. Our part of work is directly connected with functions allowing the user to quickly set up and handle sophisticated access redundancy scenarios.
What else you should know:
- The frontend team consists of less than 6 people. We are looking for a game-changer who has the willingness and ambition to become a tech-leader who could propose changes in the code and architecture.
- The code needs to be refactored step-by-step. The first challenge is to divide the application elements into smaller parts and prepare a plan on how to make the code better.
- What is the biggest challenge - the project depends on old technologies, for example current code is based on React class components. The goal is to improve code quality and make it more modern. We are open to using functional components where this change can bring value, but we need to confirm changes will not have a negative impact on general application functionality first.
- Your project manager will help you to build the transparency between developers and stakeholders and to write down plans with estimations.
- The client is based in the US and India, but do not worry about late working hours. Your project manager understands that work-life balance is important, so he was able to cover that case. There is only 1 weekly meeting at 5:30 pm where someone from the CodiLime team needs to be present.
We work on multiple interesting projects at the time, so it may happen that we’ll invite you to the interview for another project, if we see that your competencies and profile are well suited for it.
As a part of the project team, you will be responsible for:
- React web development (both class and functional components)
- Working with external libraries provided by client’s development team
- Maintaining the quality of application by bug fixing
- Writing unit tests
- Communicating with the developers and cooperating with them
- Being proactive and motivated to deliver :)
Do we have a match?
As a Frontend Engineer you must meet the following criteria:
- Strong experience with React (both class and functional components)
- Good knowledge and understanding of one-way data flow architectures (Flux, Redux etc.)
- Good knowledge of at least one unit test tool (ie. Jest, Enzyme)
- Experience in developing UI using CSS frameworks (Sass, Less, CSS Modules)
- At least a basic knowledge of Linux
- Good knowledge of English (B2 level)
Beyond the criteria above, we would appreciate the nice-to-haves:
- Experience in projects in network industry
- Knowledge of EVPN
More reasons to join us
- Flexible working hours and approach to work: fully remotely, in the office or hybrid
- Professional growth supported by internal training sessions and a training budget
- Solid onboarding with a hands-on approach to give you an easy start
- A great atmosphere among professionals who are passionate about their work
- The ability to change the project you work on