... Job summaryAre you looking to work in one of the most innovative and customer-centric e-commerce businesses on earth? Does joining a multicultural team of Translation, Proofreading and Outsourcing Specialists sound appealing to...
Are you looking to work in one of the most innovative and customer-centric e-commerce businesses on earth? Does joining a multicultural team of Translation, Proofreading and Outsourcing Specialists sound appealing to you? Do you have a passion for learning and developing yourself and others? Then consider joining the Amazon Localization Team, and help us contribute to expanding product selection across international platforms.
The successful candidate will be highly organized, must have the ability to communicate well and to manage multiple assignments and people simultaneously. They will have the demonstrated ability to respond effectively and efficiently while maintaining flexibility.
They will possess the ability to complete a high volume of tasks with minimal guidance or supervision. They will be comfortable in finding solutions to make the best use of the technical tooling. They will efficiently handle large pools of freelance translators. They will be comfortable working in an international, fast-paced environment, where change and ambiguity are present as we constantly grow, improve and innovate.
Key job responsibilities
· Manage localization projects, working closely with language specialists, internal business partners, external vendors and other departments
· Monitor time, budget, resources and quality of assigned projects
· Create and update project quotes and invoices
· Track and report on localization metrics and performance
· Contribute to process improvements initiatives
· Identify, mitigate and escalate project risks
· Document localization processes and best practices
A day in the life
· Monitor and address on-time delivery in the translation management system
· Monitor and address customer's requests
· Prepare vendor capacity for upcoming projects
· Report data on main KPIs
· Report and address bugs, issues or risk around workflow and metrics
· Liaise with your peers to keep updated on new projects and customer initiatives
· Liaise with your peers to share knowledge and mew learning
· Identify areas for improvement in cross-project and cross-customer processes
· Discuss improvements with peers and manager
· Survey costumers to collect feedback
About the team
Our team is spread across 6 different countries in 3 continents, is highly skilled in localization program management, relies on continuous, efficient communication and on solid collaboration. Every team member focuses on volume deliveries while at the same time working on long-term improvement programs. Every team member is available to help others and relies on other's help. We are committed to working hard, having fun, making history.
· Bachelor's degree in a linguistic, business or technical domain
· 2+ years of experience as a localization or translation project manager, or proven equivalent experience
· Extensive command of Microsoft Outlook and Excel
· Ability to report data accurately, identify errors and analyze entries in spreadsheets
· Knowledge of computer-assisted translation tools and translation memories
· Strong problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to work on different projects simultaneously
· Ability to work in ambiguity and ask critical questions to understand customer needs
· Superior written and verbal communication skills
· Fluent English
· Experience working with large databases of vendors, managing translation assignments, payments and data
· Ability to create and maintain complex databases
· Hands-on experience with large-scale translation management systems
· Experience working with a global team
· Experience working with a language service provider
· Experience working on localization of multiple content types
· Experience developing and creating new processes and tools
· Fluency in one or more non-English languages is appreciated
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.