... Job summaryAmazon is looking for creative Applied Scientists to tackle some of the most interesting problems on the leading edge of machine learning (ML), search, natural language processing (NLP), and related areas with our...
Amazon is looking for creative Applied Scientists to tackle some of the most interesting problems on the leading edge of machine learning (ML), search, natural language processing (NLP), and related areas with our Amazon Books team. At Amazon Books we believe that books are not only needed to work, education and entertainment, but are also required for a healthy society. As such, we aim to create an unmatched book discovery experience for our customers worldwide. We enable customers to discover new books, authors and genres through sophisticated recommendation engines, smart search tools and through social interaction, and we need your help to keep innovating in this space.
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment working within a smart and passionate team, this might be the role for you. You will develop and implement novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state-of-the-art in technology areas at the intersection of ML, search, NLP, and deep learning. You will innovate, help move the needle for applied research in these exciting areas and build cutting-edge and scalable technologies that enable delightful experiences for hundreds of millions of people.
In this role you will:
· Work collaboratively with other scientists and developers to design and implement scalable models for improving our customers' experience discovering and getting the most out of their books;
· Have the opportunity to work with a variety of technologies in a variety of use cases;
· Drive scalable solutions from the business to prototyping, production testing and through engineering directly to production;
· Drive best practices on the team, deal with ambiguity and competing objectives, and mentor and guide other members to achieve their career growth potential.
About the team
We aspire to be experts at the forefront of AI, machine learning and data science and their application to books e-commerce to help engineering teams innovate for readers, authors and publishers.
As an Applied Scientist, you'll help us translate customer problems into tractable technical problems, and find ways to solve them by combining your expertise and that of other scientists and team members. You will work with partner engineering and business teams to ensure solutions have a real impact.
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· Experience programming in Python, Java, C++ or related language
· 1+ years experience building machine learning models for business application in one of the following areas: search, NLP, forecasting, data quality.
· 1+ years of industry experience working as an Applied Scientist in a fast-paced environment
· Strong sense of ownership and drive
· Strong communication skills
· Ph.D. in ML, information retrieval, NLP, forecasting or another highly quantitative field
· Experience building ML models for business applications in multiple areas such as: search, NLP, forecasting, data quality.
Amazon Science (www.amazon.science) gives you insight into the company’s approach to customer-obsessed scientific innovation. Amazon fundamentally believes that scientific innovation is essential to being the most customer-centric company in the world. It’s the company’s ability to have an impact at scale that allows us to attract some of the brightest minds in artificial intelligence and related fields. Our scientists continue to publish, teach, and engage with the academic community, in addition to utilizing our working backwards method to enrich the way we live and work.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.