Descripción del empleo
Contribuirás a acabar con el hambre en el mundo por ...
- Improve access in conflict-affected countries to allow adequate provision of services to beneficiaries, through proper management and risk control.
- More effective interventions, fostering adaptation to local context and in line with the international strategy.
- Long-lasting and effective solutions to the fight against hunger
- Emergency Response in slow and rapid onset situations
- Support the design of Emergency response proposals for national, international, public and private donors
- Disaster Preparedness (design and implementation of preparedness & response plans)
- Analysis and Exploration of new countries and contexts of intervention
- Tool and technical development and training for Emergency response
- Technical support to country offices according to specific and ad-hoc Terms of Reference
The expert will be available for frequent deployments to the missions and fill-in a specific key position within mission’s organigram or act as Emergency Coordinator, being responsible for the quality and effectiveness of Acción Contra el Hambre’s programs within deployment missions.
He/She will be available for deployments to the missions and fill-in a specific mid-level managerial positions within missions’ organigram or act as Emergency Coordinator, Field Coordinator/Head of Base, Programme/Project Manager being responsible for the quality and effectiveness of Acción Contra el Hambre’s programs within deployment missions. According to the candidate’s profile and experience he/she could potentially cover higher level managerial if validated accordingly by line management and in agreement with the Geographical Desk and Country Director.
In case of Emergency response, the expert will act as Emergency Coordinator in the overall management of ACCIÓN CONTRA EL HAMBRE’s emergency response programme within the mission; including design, programming, operations, security, and stakeholder relations. Responsible and accountable for developing, coordinating and managing all emergency response activities. Responsible for managing ACCIÓN CONTRA EL HAMBRE mission’s emergency donor portfolio and budgets as well as emergency response staff development.
In case of Gap Filling, the expert will need to quickly cover a key emergency-related vacant position – upon specific job description – and insure that key action points are managed until longer term profile has been identified.
When based in Madrid, the expert will be participating to the lessons learnt exercises and capitalisation documents and providing expertise and contributions with a field point of view. He/she will be also contributing to the management of the AECID-funded Emergency Programme (Convenio) and its activities at HQ level.
Reporting to the Technical Head of Emergency Pool, to the Country Director, Deputy Country Director and/or to the Geographical Desk; as appropriate.
Las principales actividades que desempeñaras son las siguientes:
- NEEDS ASSESSMENT & EMERGENCY RESPONSE PLAN:
- EMERGENCY RESPONSE OVERVIEW & HUMANITARIAN PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT;
- TEAM MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP
- PROGRAMME SUPPORT SERVICE MANAGEMENT & GAP FILLER
- WHEN ON HQ AND NOT DEPLOYED- TECHNICAL DEVELOPMENT FOR EMERGENCIES
Esta descripción encaja contigo?
- Training ideally related to humanitarian or management fields. A valid HEAT training or similar - ESSENTIAL
- High level managerial experience, including managing multi-million-dollar budgets. Experience in complex decision making and leading a multi-disciplinary, multinational team in high volatile contexts and under strict security constraints. High level skills and previous experience in representation and negotiation with local authorities and donors (minimum: FieldCo or Head of Base level). Strong understanding of the humanitarian emergency operational context, including Sphere, the humanitarian system, donors, security, civil military liaison and program management. Experience in Emergency Response
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience in similar positions or at least mid-level operational management and coordination (FieldCo, Head of Base and above) – ESSENTIAL Mixed field and HQ level experience (flying, roving positions) is an ASSET
- Experience in Programme approach and design, PCM, proposal and consortium building, budgeting and reports to donors and other stakeholders– ESSENTIAL Experience in managing Field Operations and Project Implementation at field level– ESSENTIAL Experience in inter-agency coordination, representation and negotiation with state and non-state actors, including local authorities and partners– ESSENTIAL Experience working in a volatile environment and tight security constraints – ESSENTIAL HR management, conflict resolution and problem-solving experience– ESSENTIAL
- Spanish – COMPULSORY working language, spoken, read and written English - COMPULSORY working language, spoken, read and written French - COMPULSORY working language, spoken, read and written Arabic – is an ASSET
Nuestro paquete retributivo:
Acción contra el Hambre se compromete a prevenir cualquier tipo de comportamiento no deseado en el trabajo, incluyendo el acoso sexual, la explotación y el abuso sexual, la falta de integridad y /o mala praxis financiera; Esperamos que todo nuestro personal y los voluntarios compartan este compromiso a y compartan nuestro código de conducta y otras políticas relacionadas ya que sólo aquellos que compartan nuestros valores y código de conducta serán reclutados para trabajar para nosotros.
- Incorporation in a multicultural, professional and innovative organization and the opportunity to participate in projects of high social impact.
- Professional career adapted to the candidate where talent and motivation are recognized.
- Continuous training on technical abilities and soft competencies.
- Contract: 2 years.
- Competitive salary from 35.000 euros/gross/year
- Housing allowance: 5.250 euros/ year
- Meal vouchers.
- Access to flexible compensation plans (medical insurance, transportation, kindergarten vouchers).
- Conciliation between personal and work life, with flexible schedules, intensive working, working from home.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Tipo de contrato
- Tiempo completo
- Publicado el
- Tipo de trabajo
- Medios (TV, cine, radio) / Editoriales
- Carnet de conducir
- Carta de motivación