Descripción del empleo
At Adevinta (Permanent), in Barcelona, Spain
Expires at: 2021-08-01
The Data Engineer role effectively and comprehensively manages Adevinta's data set to create dashboards and reports, auditing and ensuring the accuracy of data inputs, and troubleshooting any potential data issues or risks in the systems integrations. Ensures that data and reports are accessible, usable, easy to understand, and appropriately/consistently applied within Adevinta teams. Works with various departments and provides input to the Information Services team regarding what needs to be implemented, optimized, modified, created and prioritized in relation with data.
This mission critical role is placed within the BITS (Business Information and Technology Services) team, in charge of supporting Adevinta Central Functions and Marketplaces in the achievement of its goals with seamlessly integrated and resilient business information and technology services, as well as providing guidance on new trends in productivity and business process automation.
Your main responsibilities as BI and Data Engineer will be:
- Develop and maintain reports as well as provide Tableau support to marketplaces.
- Provide analytics capabilities to those Adevinta functions that doesn’t have this capability internally.
- Work with multiple Adevinta departments and understand their individual needs and objectives.
- Manage data, including the creation, update and deletion of data, information and dashboards; commission and decommission datasets based on business needs and priorities.
- Process confidential and proprietary information in compliance to information policies.
- Build dashboards based on business needs.
- Identify trends and statistical behaviours on business information with a focus on growing and improving the business.
- Provide training to Adevinta end users on new dashboards, systems and reports.
- Identify improvement initiatives in relation with information reporting across Adevinta.
- Help the business areas to identify new information datasets and sources that could lead to profitable insights.
- Execute the necessary initiatives aimed at implementing the MDM Strategy at Adevinta.
- Identify and oversee initiatives for data integrity and normalization within and across Adevinta departments, and within and across systems.
- Monitor MDM-related costs and quality.
- Solid analytical and logic skills
- Experience in Computer Science and algorithm management
- Experience with Data Modelling tools
- Experience with Tableau
- Proficient knowledge of popular and standard data analysis tools and databases, with a high level of knowledge of methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases and systems
- Experience in statistical languages and tools
- Python development experience
- Advanced knowledge in database technologies (e.g. SQL, PostgreSQL, SQLServer, SAP HANA and NoSQL databases)
- Must show initiative, proactively finding and solving problems
- Be a business-focused, creative, innovative, pragmatic, and positive team player
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills to visualize solutions
- Ownership and result oriented person
- Good written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills
- Technical and business level English is a must
- Excellent organisational, data management and data documentation skills
Nice to have
- Proven experience in projects managing a set of various data sources
- Experience with and the ability to troubleshoot large data sets
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements
- Experience in Data Migration / Systems Implementation
- Experience with one or more data management tools
- Experience with Data Quality & Lineage management tools
- Experience with Big Data Management tools
- Knowledge on Data Modelling tools
- Spanish and French are a highly valuable asset
Benefits & Perks
- Choose your Kit (Computer & Phone)
- Flexible work schedule & ability to WFH a couple of days a week
- Private Medical Insurance (including in-office Doctor)
- Gym Membership (70% discount) & Physiotherapist in-office (50% discount)
- Travel Insurance
- Flex Benefits (Ticket Restaurant, Transport Ticket etc.)
- Company & Personal Performance Bonus
- Social activities (meetups, talks hosted in the office & parties)
- Free breakfast, fresh fruit & coffee & canteen in the office
- Able to go to conferences & courses
- Free Language Lessons
- Adjustable desks, chairs & various workspaces
- Estudios requeridos
- Horas a la semana
- 8 - 40
- Tipo de contrato
- Tiempo completo
- Tipo de trabajo
- Marketing / Publicidad
- Carnet de conducir
- Carta de motivación