The... The Head of Global Bid Management is an exciting opportunity to help define and build a new centralised bid team to ensure an efficient, agile bid process, whilst driving best practise for the Multi National Customers...
The Head of Global Bid Management is an exciting opportunity to help define and build a new centralised bid team to ensure an efficient, agile bid process, whilst driving best practise for the Multi National Customers Segment, delivering bid submissions for global deals focused on Telefonica’s Global ICT and Digital Portfolios.
The successful candidate will be responsible to create the End to End Bid management process, that not only includes the management and running the governance of bids, but ensures that strategic bid planning, excellent proposals, RFP responses and presentations. Everything needs to always be produced with a focus on high quality. Continually looking to identify and implement process improvements to the bid function.
The role will report into the MNC Global Customer Engineering and Postsales Director. Strong Stakeholder management skills are needed along with experience of team management, and building high performing teams. The role includes direct management of Bid resources in Spain and lead a larger matrix organisation of resources of in other Telefonica regions.
Additional responsibilities include contract management in presales phase, overall content management and creation.
Virtual team management across pre-sales, commercial finance, legal, sales and senior stakeholder across the bid cycle through to contract award, including the following:
• Suitable experience working in a professional corporate environment, with good knowledge of the telecoms and IT markets.
• Establishing high performing bid teams with the required expertise to deliver the bid
• Working with the account team to develop bid strategy, win themes and target price/cost plus communicating and enforcing these across the Bid Team.
• Identifying and escalating commercial or technical risks
• Regular reporting on bid status
• Ensuring compliance with stated requirements, with respect to bid completion and submission
• Submission of high quality, winning and profitable bids on time and within budget
• Creating and managing the Bid Plan through to Contract Award, ensuring that key milestones are agreed and met with all stakeholders.
• Building Contracts and Liaising with Product, Presales, and UK and Global Legal Teams.
• Represent TGS at meetings as required with the client and other relevant decision-makers.
• Successful achievement of mandatory TGS quality gate approvals for bid and commercial signoff prior to submission
• Ensuring that all the customer requirements and questions have been addressed as fully as possible
• Management of subsequent activities post submission including responding to clarification questions and working with the bid team to prepare for customer presentations
• Effective handover to the implementation team upon contract award.
• Undertaking lessons learnt exercise for all bids – lost or won.
• Continuous improvement of biding practices and procedures in line with Telefonica values
Desired Skills and Experience
• A team player who can interface at all levels within the organisation and effectively manage stakeholders and bid team members across a geographically dispersed virtual team
• Experience on managing multi-cultural, high performance teams
• A track record of managing and delivering winning bids
Required skillset; strong attention to detail, strong written & verbal communication; time management, presentation; problem identification, categorisation and solving; people
skills; customer management and negotiation
• Bid management experience at a similar level within the IT outsource/telco sector.
• Degree qualified or equivalent
• Proficient in all Microsoft packages
• Bid and Management Summary writing
• English and Spanish fluency (written and oral)
• Shipley or APMP Foundation or higher Bid Management Accreditation
If you join Telefónica
You join almost 100 years of history, you join a team of 106 nationalities present in more tan 35 countries. You join a team that works to connect people wherever they are. We are leading the digital revolution with the enthusiasm of the first day in all our businesses, creating the best digital ecosystem for our clients: network, IoT, cloud, security, innovation etc. Here, at Telefónica you count with everything you need to be the best you. We need people like you that wants to take this challenge of creating the Telefónica of tomorrow.
Telefonica is committed to the new working ways. Under our proposition “Disconnect to Reconnect” we have applied the Digital Disconnection.
We strongly believe diverse and inclusive teams become more innovative and they achieve improved results. Telefonica aims to promote and guarantee a place for everyone, just the way we are: gender, age range, sexual orientation and/or identity, culture, creed, disability or any other personal condition.
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.