DIRECTOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER – BACKEND TECHNOLOGIES
At adidas, our love for sport drives who we are and what we do. But just as a ball is more than leather and thread, and a show more than padding and plastic, we are bigger than our products. We don't just work to create faster shoes and lighter fabrics. We strive to help athletes everywhere perform their best. We believe that it's hard work inventing the future of sport, and that's why we love it; that when you push your limits, you make it possible for others to push theirs.
We believe that through Sport, we have the power to change lives.
To change lives, we have to create direct relationships with consumers and the best way to accelerate building direct relationships is through Digital.
WEB &MOBILE is providing the technical solutions to the fast growth adidas digital business, we create the vision, design, build and operate everything related to adidas digital B2C business. This includes online stores for all markets, both web and app, and everything related to digital marketing. On the same we build and operate our hype events platforms and digital retail.
We create MULTICHANNEL CORE COMMERCE CAPABILITIES that provide the essential backend functionalities to adidas digital business. Content data management, product data distribution to our digital channels and mission critical APIs like CheckOUT or Payments are part of our scope.
What we are looking for:
1. Backend Engineering chapter lead / Technical lead for our Backend technologies stack (mainly real-time APIs & data streaming systems with Java, Kotlin, Node-Js and Kafka).
2. Strong software Engineer to lead a talented group of Backend Software Engineers in charge of delivering world class realtime APIs and data streaming systems.
3. A positive and dynamic leader, able to lead a team of talented backend engineers navigating change and uncertainty.
4. Experience creating highly scalable, reliable and performant microservices based backend systems.
5. Experience managing chapters of backend engineers and building high performing teams
6. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
7. Problem solving skills and hands on attitude.
8. Min. 10 years of IT experience
9. 5 years of experience in agile team management including remote teams.
10. Growth mindset and Motivation to never stop learning in the digital IT space.
11. College or university degree with focus on Software Engineering or equivalent.
• Lead and mentor a chapter of Backend Software Engineers, as well as manage outside contractors.
• Build and grow a strong community of backend engineers across different feature teams
• Assuring quality of ever-growing set of backend (micro)services, (API, streaming, storage) that are providing product data capabilities to our digital products.
• Ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted software engineering best practices in the Product.
• Overseeing all aspects of software development performance including establishing KPI’s, metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes.
• Engage with key stakeholders (Tech Enablement, vendors, business, markets…).
Main technologies we use:
Nice to have but not mandatory.
• Agile methodologies: Scrum/Kanban
• Languages: Java, Kotlin, Node-Js
• Test Frameworks: Cucumber, Serenity BDD, Appium, Selenium, Rest-assured
• Container knowledge: Kubernetes, Docker
• CI/CD and devops tools: Jenkins, kibana, Grafana
• Platforms: Kafka, AWS
What we offer:
• You will be part of a company where quality, innovation and continuous improvement are core principles of our culture.
• You will be part of a highly engaged, multinational with international career opportunities
• Individual development, training and a tech community
• Sport friendly environment, great work-life balance and flexibility
• Competitive salary, benefits and valuable discounts on adidas & Reebok products
To be the best sports company in the world, you need the best talents within your teams.
If you are looking for growing professionally within adidas, we are happy to receive your application.
At adidas we have a winning culture. But to win, physical power is not enough. Just like athletes our employees need mental strength in their game. We foster the athlete‘s mindset through a set of behaviors that we want to enable and develop in our people and that are at the core of our unique company culture – the 3Cs: CONFIDENCE, COLLABORATION and CREATIVITY.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.