AREA... OUR MISSION IS TO IDENTIFY AND INVEST TO BUILD STRATEGIC PARTNERS TO ADRESS THE BIG CHALLENGES FACING OUR INDUSTRY AND CREATE NEW BUSINESSES LEVERAGING CUTTING EDGE... “Identify, invest and foster...
OUR MISSION IS TO IDENTIFY AND INVEST TO BUILD STRATEGIC PARTNERS TO ADRESS THE BIG CHALLENGES FACING OUR INDUSTRY AND CREATE NEW BUSINESSES LEVERAGING CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY
“Identify, invest and foster growth startups and partners that are strategic for Telefónica’s future”. We bring to TEF the best start ups from Silicon Valley, Israel and other innovation ecosystems and buid alliances through strategic investments and commercial agreements
“Identify, invest and foster growth startups to help accelerate Telefonica's transformation"
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage a portfolio of direct investments in cyber security companies:
o Monitor financial performance, reporting and valuations, assessing follow on opportunities
o Attend boards & meetings
o Explore exit opportunities
o Coordinate with Wayra Country managers
o Coordinate with Open Innovation Accounting team to keep company fair value updated in our books according to Telefonica Group accounting policies
o (Total portfolio today of 10 companies, objective of growing to 20-25 in 2-3 years)
• Originate relevant deal flow of cyber and cloud companies for potential investments, considering key technologies, potential fit with 11Paths Portfolio and potential financial returns
• Evaluate potential investment opportunities in cyber security and cloud startup determining whether a startup venture justifies starting a Due diligence process.
• Perform due diligence on opportunities that fit our strict investment criteria. Direct both quantitative and qualitative investment case analyses, including valuation and strategic rationale.
• Create and prepare materials for Investment Committee meetings to present investments opportunities in cyber/cloud
• Orchestrate Deal negotiation and execution with legal and finance, and other areas.
• Maintain the portfolio databases, elaborate financial forecasts for the area’s strategic plan/QFC in all cyber related companies
• Stablish and cultivate relationships with key players in the ecosystem (VCs, universities, other telco VC) to generate investments opportunities
NATURE OF PROBLEMS & CHALLENGES
Understanding new technology and trends in cyber and cloud
Identifying and analyzing investment opportunities
Dealing with ambiguity - understanding priorities and real needs and opportunities from very unstructured information
Strong analytical decision-making skills, utilizing data to inform decisions and identify financial impact.
Strong and communication skills both written and verbal
Strong negotiations skills to deal with stakeholders and prospective investments.
Capability of getting things done: close deals in a timely manner managing different stake holders (Legal, accounting, etc.)
High learning agility: capable of learning and dealing with several different topics at the same time.
Strong interpersonal skills to quickly build an external network to generate deal flow, interact with portfolio companies and with Telefonica Tech/11 Paths in a positive constructive manner
Autonomous, self-driven over-achiever with entrepreneurial spirit,
Smart and innovative
Financial modeling and valuation analysis for VENTURE CAPITAL (Early and growth stages)
understanding of basics of cyber and cloud technology
Strong excel modelling capabilities
Strong power point capabilities
At least 5 years in Venture Capital, ideally with experience in cyber/cloud investments
English, Spanish, Portuguese is a plus
Be sure that your SuccessFactors profile is fully complete and detailed! Our recruitment team will use this information to analyze your candIdacy.
Our process has being designed to carefully evaluate your skills, abilities and interests regarding each vacancy. We will contact you if you are shorlisted.
You can follow the process state through SuccessFactors (Careers > Job Applications)
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.