DESCRIPCI... Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon websites and wondered how it got delivered to you so fast, and what kinds of systems & processes are running behind the scenes to power the whole operation?If so, this role is for you.We...
Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon websites and wondered how it got delivered to you so fast, and what kinds of systems & processes are running behind the scenes to power the whole operation?
If so, this role is for you.
We need exceptionally bright, talented, and driven people to delight our customers. If you'd like join the world’s largest online retailer, this is your chance to have fun and make history !
The role can be based in London, Barcelona or Luxembourg offices.
The role is with Amazon Transportation Services (ATS), the middle mile between the fulfillment center and the final mile delivery center and the models being developed will be used to bring the required intelligence into operations using machine learning.As an Applied Scientist, you will solve real world problems by analyzing large amounts of business data, defining new metrics and business cases, designing simulations and experiments, creating models, and collaborating with teammates in business, software, engineering and research. The successful candidate will have a strong quantitative background and can thrive in an environment that leverages statistics, machine learning, operations research, econometrics, and business analysis.
· Utilize code (Python, R, Scala, etc.) for analyzing data and building statistical models to solve specific business problems.
· Improve upon existing methodologies by developing new data sources, testing model enhancements, and fine-tuning model parameters.
· Collaborate with researchers, software developers, and business leaders to define product requirements and provide analytical support
· Research into new methodologies and scientific research techniques
· Build customer-facing metrics to provide insights and metrics which track model performance
· Communicate verbally and in writing to business customers and leadership team with various levels of technical knowledge, educating them about our systems, as well as sharing insights and recommendations
· Can develop Production Grade Code and deploy machine learning solutions in production.
· Master's degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related quantitative field
· 3+ years of working experience as a Data Scientist/Applied Scientist/Research Scientist
· Proficient with data analysis and modeling software such as Spark, Python, R etc.
· Proficient with using scripting language such as Python and data manipulation/analysis libraries such as Scikit-learn and Pandas for analyzing and modeling data.
· Experienced in using multiple data science methodologies to solve complex business problems.
· Experienced in handling large data sets using SQL and databases in a business environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication.
· Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
· Thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
· PhD degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related quantitative field
· 6+ years’ experience as a Data Scientist/Applied Scientist/Research Scientist
· Fluency in a scripting or computing language (e.g. Python, Scala, C++, Java, etc.)
· Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to scientists, engineering teams and business audiences.
· Experienced in writing academic-styled papers for presenting both the methodologies used and results for data science projects.
· Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, ability to self-motivate, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
· Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy to interface with all levels and disciplines within our and our customer’s organizations
· Practical Experience is a plus.
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.