DESCRIPCI... Transportation Lead, ROCAt Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take the first step and a day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A...
Transportation Lead, ROC
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take the first step and a day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
EU ROC Overview
European ROC (Relay Operations Center) is the central control center for Transportation Execution across the Amazon's European Transportation network, supporting both domestic and inter-country transportation movements for European geographies. The team is responsible for planning and scheduling the trucks/vehicles to be placed at each of our fulfillment centers across Europe, based on various factors such as forecast, historical trends, vehicles capacity and carrier capabilities. ROC plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon's European transportation network and thereby has direct impact on Amazon's ability to serve customers on time.
Purview of Transportation Lead, ROC
The ROC Operations Manager I works across the EU in a cross-functional environment with Carriers, Supply Chain, FCs and the Retail organizations to determine future demand for transportation resources, and translates the aforementioned into accurate capacity plans. S/he also maintains and reports up to date and accurate statistics, management reports and analysis. S/he also facilitates the flow of information between different stakeholders (Trans Carriers/Hubs/Warehouses) and resolves any potential issues that impact customer experience and business continuity.
S/he is an expert in the transportation function (inbound and outbound), is able to independently define processes considering long term sustainability and repeatability. S/he handles escalations and takes ownership of projects/tasks beyond core responsibilities. S/he works as a frontline operations leader, owning the shift and providing support and guidance to a team of Transportation Specialists.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Delivers small to medium scale projects from initiation through delivery.
- Writes effective standard operation procedures based on business requirements.
- Determines corrective action for risks and obstacles with assistance from senior program managers.
- Participates in recruiting efforts.
- Active in the training and/or development of others.
- Executes vision and goals for the team or department.
- Functional specs and technology decisions must be reviewed by more senior program managers or manager.
- Uses professional concepts learned in school or through some other formal training to identify problems and initiate solutions.
- Operates with autonomy, some oversight and direction is required.
- Has discretion regarding matters within their area of responsibility.
- Work requires creativity and judgment.
- Responsibilities are non-routine in nature and vary from day to day.
- Manager sets overall objectives and resource availability; completed work is reviewed for compatibility with other work and/or effectiveness in meeting expected results.
- Managers are available for consultation and training, but encourage employee to operate autonomously.
- Will regularly identify, discuss and bring forward issues or ideas to more senior team members.
- Will serve as escalation point for transportation specialists
- Owns, tracks, or escalates issues to ensure that they are addressed, documented
- Communicate with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Retail, Finance, Software Support, Fulfilment Centers).
- Provide real-time customer experience by working in 24x7 operating environment.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent with excellent academic record, with Logistics/Supply Chain/ Mathematics/Science/Engineering subjects
· Proficiency in Advanced Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookUps)
· Fluent in English and one of the following languages: Spanish, French or Italian
· +2 years’ work experience in operations/supply chain/logistics/e-commerce.
· Experience managing small to medium scale projects, from beginning to end.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to create a narrative outlining weekly findings and the variances to goals, and present the findings to senior leadership
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
· Masters (MS) in Operations Research, Engineering or Supply Chain Management
· Experience with supply chain management and transportation concepts such as forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, carrier negotiation, inventory management, S&OP
· People Management experience
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.