DESCRIPCI... Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. The goal of Amazon Logistics is to build a world...
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. The goal of Amazon Logistics is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon Logistics aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible.
The European Amazon Logistics team is seeking an experienced, hands-on and customer obsessed Project Engineering Manager to drive improvements and standardization across our Last Mile delivery network. As a member of the EU Amazon Logistics Engineering team, you will be responsible for supporting WW standardization efforts, whilst also supporting in-country Project Engineers with the necessary analytical insights to optimize operational processes on an ongoing basis. You will scope and lead your own design and improvement programs under an EU umbrella, driving benefit over safety, quality and cost-based metrics.
This position requires deep customer focus, strong self-motivation and exceptional project management skills. You will be a detail-oriented and comfortable leading and supporting large, complex cross-functional Engineering projects. You will have a hands-on approach and be an effective communicator.
This role can be based flexible in Spain and involves pan-EU travel.
· Manage, design, and implement pan-European projects in terms of Material Handling Equipment and process equipment.
· Typical project installation values range from less than $1MM to greater than $10MM.
· Lead critical path items, dive deep on technical details and provide innovative solutions to resolve issues.
· Manage on-site vendors through their leads and escalate issues through vendor and Amazon leadership.
· Evaluate issues and propose actionable resolutions to design problems.
· Identify and communicate needs for design improvements.
· Assess and communicate project status, drive escalations on potential risks and delays across multiple teams and leadership, including vendors and subcontractors.
· Lead and coordinate design and execution efforts between internal teams and outside vendors including equipment specifications, material flow, process design, and site layout.
· Develop and manage budget and contract documents including RFPs, change order controls, purchase orders, and invoicing.
· Lead system/equipment commissioning and predefined testing activities, including administering the plan, interpreting statuses and reporting results.
· Coordinate with local site management to ensure proper operator training, procedural compliance, maintenance and safety practices are followed for new and existing equipment.
· Thoroughly document/investigate Delivery Station / network change requests and provide recommendations.
· Build strong working relationships with regional and local Delivery Station leadership and their operations teams across multiple sites as well as their Launch, Facilities, Construction, Finance, Safety and Process Engineers business stakeholders.
· Identify and lead process improvement initiatives in support of operations teams within a geographical network.
· Present and facilitate strategic design discussions to top-level executives.
· Coordinate workshops that drive alignment on key issues, improvements, design practices, new building designs and initiatives with the focus being e.g. increasing performance of Material Handling Equipment or reducing the cost of construction and maintenance while enhancing associate experience and operational efficiency.
· Lead technical design reviews.
· Provide technical direction within engineering design / AutoCAD, building design, layouts, build details, schedules and materials.
· General knowledge of last mile operations with understanding of day to day workings and strategic last mile planning.
· Perform and direct data mining and analyze the results to provide recommendations or conclusions.
· Assist in engineering capacity management for EU.
· Inspect facilities in accordance with corporate standards and procedures relating to material handling, processing and storage.
· Develop cross-functional knowledge of systems, processes, procedures and tools.
· Significant experience in a similar role, ideally in a fast-paced industrial, logistics, production or manufacturing environment
· Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
· Proven experience of subcontractor management
· Excellent Project Management skills
· Results oriented approach with high level of analytical, team leadership and organizational skills
· Experience in Material Handling Equipment and General Building Equipment
· Experience with Health and Safety legislation
· Computer skills (MS Office, AutoCAD, etc.)
· Experience with Kaizen and Continuous Improvement methodologies
· High level of written, verbal and interpersonal skills
· Fluent in English
· Good analytical, team leadership and organizational skills
· Ability to work autonomously
· Hands on working style
· Ability to work under pressure
· Ability to lead and direct to support the business strategy
· Knowledge of at least one other EU language (preferably German, French, Italian or Spanish)
Please apply by submitting your CV in English.
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.