This is Us.
A team of more than one thousand people sharing an idea: doing our bit in helping our clients create a better future for themselves, providing them with the tools they need to get where they want to go.
In today’s world, we know this happens because we are a fully online bank. We were born out of that idea and 20 years on, technology, simplicity and transparency continue to be the ingredients of the recipe that leaves the best taste in our mouths: being more than just a bank, someone useful in the lives of the millions of clients who have chosen us.
The way we do things also mirrors our eagerness to innovate. We are proud to be one of the very first banks to work with agile methodologies. It doesn’t ring a bell yet? No worries, we will be delighted to tell you all about it. You will find it’s one of those things you’ll want to repeat over and over.
And although we are based in Spain, we like to cross borders. We are lucky to work with international teams every day across 44 countries, composed of women and men as equal as they are diverse. Because here you are completely free to be who you want to be, love whomever you choose, and even go for pineapple as your pizza topping.
Making things happen, helping others be successful, always being one step ahead—that’s our DNA. If you look at yourself in the mirror and your reflection matches our way of being and working…we are looking forward to meeting you!
What are we looking for?
As part of the Customer Interactions Tribe, we are looking for a Data Governance Expert that can guide Maggie teams in implementing sound Data Management principles, including but not limited to maintaining a Maggie Business Glossary and its mapping to ING Esperanto, promoting the use of Global Reference Data Management for enabling a global business understanding, defining a Data Quality Framework, and collaborating in ensuring we respect the privacy of our customers, partners and employees by adhering to ING Global Data Protection Policy.
What you will do:
- You are responsible for defining the overarching Data Governance Framework in Maggie, defining how teams must manage their data – defining a Business Glossary, map Glossary to Assets, define Data Quality Rules and Policies, ensure Data Lineage, and guarantee alignment with Data Protection policies.
- You align with Information, Platform and Domain Architects to ensure their Solutions meet the governance requirements and you help to provide a global vision of the set of Maggie Assets.
- You liaise with Maggie Countries Data Management teams to ensure alignment of the Maggie Program in the local data ecosystems and with other parallel Global Programs.
- Encourage communication between the different areas of the bank (business, technology, etc.) to ensure that data is a key asset in the bank.
- You ensure Delivery of Maggie Teams comply with the Data Management Minimum Standards.
- You support and collaborate with other CI areas like Communications, BI/Reporting, ETL and Data Migration.
Who you are:
A role model of our Orange Code culture displaying the following skills and behaviors:
- You are flexible to adapt to the different needs, situations and priorities.
- You have strong organizational sensitivity, the ability to understand and to take into account the underlying issues, opportunities and dynamics of an organization.
- Ability to take responsibility, steer strategy implementation based on facts and data; managerial courage to question and make decisions.
- Focus on delivery through collaboration, ability to bring people together to work towards the same purpose.
- Ability to empower teams to act autonomously, think out of the box and hold them accountable.
- Ability to simplify complexity and drive operational excellence.
- Ability to support yourself and other team members in development.
- Ability to work as a coach, e.g. act as a coach for senior management or board members
- Strong resilience; ability to navigate through ambiguity.
- Ability to have impact through inspiring and energetic leadership that leads teams through change.
- Ability to work in a local and global team, promoting orange values, influencing a global environment, mobility to attend meetings in other countries.
Proven track record and technical skills:
- You have a Data-DNA – you are a data-savvy individual with passion for data, modelling, ETL, BI, Reporting, or Data Science. You therefore understand the need for strong data governance.
- You have educational background in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent post-grade or work experience.
- You have significant work experience and deep knowledge of Data Management, ideally in the financial services or retail banking industry.
- Good communication skills, able and willing to liaise with Senior Stakeholders in ensuring Data Management is present in our Way of Working and Thinking.
- Knowledge and interest in IT, digital and understanding of information security principles and controls preferred.
- You will need to have and develop leadership skills – we need you to help us guide our Maggie organization to become fully data-driven.
- Familiar with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Safe, etc.) and Project Management frameworks (PMO, Prince2) is a plus.
- Any related certification like CDMP Dama will be considered a plus.
- Experience in defining and implementing Data Governance frameworks in large complex organizations
- Experience with Data Governance tooling: IBM Governance Catalog, Informatica Data Governance, Collibra, SAP, etc.
What do we offer?
What goes on at ING matters much to us.
But we know that the most important things are outside the office.
So that thinking about what to have for lunch doesn’t take up your time or your cravings.
Life and health insurance.
For you and all your family (spouse/partner and children).
Free company shuttle.
We take you from Madrid city center to our offices at Las Rozas (and back!)
Special loan or mortgage terms after 6 months working at the bank.
And benefit from our pension plan after 2 years with us.
More health, more sports.
Paddle tennis court and lessons available to you
Runners club with your own trainer
Clinics with professional, world-class athletes
Physiotherapy service on site