Descripción del empleo
HP is a $58+ billion fortune 100 company with 50,000+ employees worldwide across 170 countries. Reinventing since 1939. We are one of the leading Print and Personal Systems technology companies in the world and our vision is to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere - every person, every organization, and every community around the globe. To invent, and to reinvent.
As a Graduate Firmware Engineer you will be a member of the R&D community for the HP Large Format Printing Business. You will be responsible for the development and integration of embedded firmware for large format printers. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary development team located both in Barcelona and other international locations, working towards common and technically challenging objectives.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Software development: be a solid software developer, capable of designing and developing high quality software.
- Work with multi-disciplinary peers including interaction and integration with hardware designers.
- Understand, improve and contribute in all aspects of software development: analysis, development, testing and deployment.
Education and Experience
- Recent graduate from Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 1-2 year of experience in similar fields
Minimum qualifications and skills:
- Good understanding of C++, including concurrent and parallel programming.
- Good understanding of modern operating systems, including Linux and real time Systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be able to work collaboratively, both within and outside one’s own group.
- High level of initiative, with ability to plan and manage tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
Additional skills to be considered:
- Scripting languages such as Python, or Tcl.
- Experience with real time operating systems such as ThreadX or Integrity RTOS.
- Knowledge of unit testing methodologies.
- State machine design and implementation, event driven control, error detection and recovery, synchronization between multiple devices with multiple states.
- Our Women Network organizes activities such as; Networking, the promotion of STEM vocations, talks on: improving business acumen, work life balance and skills of the future etc.Opportunity to work in an international organization with colleagues coming from all over the world.
- Diverse, continued internal growth and career opportunities. Including HP’s own learning platform and LinkedIn Learning.
- An attractive benefit package:
- Health & Life insurance
- Lunch at reduced prices at our canteen/ ticket restaurant vouchers
- HP product discount
- Flex optimization program: Kindergarten tickets, transport discount
- Work life balance /flexible working hours
- Women, Pride, Young employees, Sustainability and DisAbility! Just a few of our fantastic global business networks you can get involved with locally.
- We also dedicate time and resources to contribute with our community through Corporate Volunteering activities, including our onsite HP Charity day
- Do you like to give back to the community? Then join one of our many volunteering teams or be a part of the incredible HP charity day held on site annually.
- Love sports? Then take advantage of our sports centre (indoor and outdoor); gym, squash courts, tennis courts, basketball courts and with 25+ regular coordinated activities / sports by employees, such as HIIT training, squash, basketball and yoga
- We have an onsite Doctor and medical team for our employees, including services such as: nutrition, physiotherapy and general health
- Free daily printing Happy hour – from photographs, to large posters. And Hands-on workshops to print with the latest technology – from wall covers to 3D printed models
- Gaming area with HP OMEN’s and Pavilion’s complete gaming line up including Omen gaming chairs and several games both for playing alone, online or multiplayer
- A Young employee Network (YEN) which host fun events on a regular basis; such as “beer bust” Fridays at different venues including the beach in the summer time
- Sant Cugat del Vallès
- Tipo de trabajo
- Carnet de conducir
- Carta de motivación