Descripción del empleo
The HP Barcelona site hosts the HP Large Format Printing & 3D Multi Jet Fusion printing business, having the responsibility for the Research and Development (R&D), Marketing and Operations for it. Join a creative and dynamic R&D team working on leading edge printing technology!
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated candidate who thrives in a fast-paced environment to join our team as a R&D Mechanical Engineer Intern:
The R&D Mechanical Engineer Intern will be responsible for the following:
- Designs portions of engineering solutions for mechanical and thermal hardware, electronics enclosures, and production tooling based on established engineering principles and in accordance with provided specifications and requirements.
- Implements established test plans for existing designs, including validation of tolerances, form/fit/function, shock and vibration, electromagnetic interference, safety, reliability, developing fan curves, system power measurements & acoustics.
- Develops understanding of and relationship with internal and outsourced development partners on mechanical and thermal design and development.
- Participates as a member of project team of other mechanical hardware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately- complex products.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Currently studying Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Robotics or simlar fields.
- Availability to establish internship agreement with University during 9-12 months, either on a part-time or full-time basis.
- Availability to start between September 2020 – October 2020
- Understanding of ProEngineer or other 3D CAD software as a mechanical design tool.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of design for sheet metal and plastic parts and associated production tooling and processes.
- Understanding of thermal properties of materials and heat transfer.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- A Women Network that organizes activities all year long, such as the promotion of STEM vocations among girls.
- Flexible schedule to adapt to Bachelor’s or Master’s degree academic program. Part time or full time.
- Opportunity to learn on an international organization with colleagues coming from all over the world.
- Diverse internal growth and career opportunities.
- Sports centre (indoor and outdoor); gym, squash courts, tennis courts, basketball courts and regular fitness classes such as Yoga, Pilates, etc.
- We also dedicate time and resources to contribute with our community through Corporate Volunteering activities.
- Sant Cugat del Vallès
- Tipo de trabajo
- Carnet de conducir
- Carta de motivación