DESCRIPCI... Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. The successful candidate will be a key part of the...
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. The successful candidate will be a key part of the operations team and will be responsible for project managing, planning and construction of the new new Amazon Logistics Delivery Stations dedicated to "extra-large" items. This will include the extension of existing facilities and any new sites. The Construction Manager will play an integral role in the development and implementation of the EU network infrastructure. This role will analyze and evaluate different facility scenarios and build-out designs. In addition, this candidate has to support the standardization of the technical and facility related processes and systems. This opportunity combines construction engineering, planning, project management, facilities management, and contract management. It requires a person who can show proven ability in the planning and design, and project management / control of new and the enhancement of existing facility buildings. The role will be based in Luxembourg and will include frequent travel to all various locations within EU.
Responsible for overseeing construction engineering, planning, and design for Amazon Logistics Delivery Stations and other new or expansion projects
· Responsible for project support on new buildings and additional capacity requirements within existing European Logistics Delivery Stations
· Undertake construction engineering design on new and remodel projects
· Prepare reports, specifications, technical analysis to fully define the design requirements, equipment and services required.
· Provide technical direction within engineering and building design, layouts, build details, schedules and materials.
· Negotiate contracts with vendors and present formal documentation for approval when required.
· Ensure that contracts are fit for purpose, cost effective and incorporate appropriate Service Level Agreements.
· Provide overall site management, coordination, planning, specification of business proposals and coordination of subcontractors.
· Facilitate and team with others on due diligence evaluation of new opportunities.
· Coach and guide all project teams (sub-contractors, maintenance engineers and commissioning engineers) throughout the full project lifecycle.
· Ensure that contracted resources deliver work to meet duration and quality targets, addressing and ensuring the correction of under-performance issues.
· Audit contractors to check that the skills and competences of contract labor arappropriate to need and they are fit to undertake the work on which they will be deployed.
· Inform contractors of projected changes in resource or work demand so that they can take appropriate action.
· Establish and operate the information systems necessary for effective scheduling and recording of contract work.
· Support contractors’ work and help them to achieve higher performance levels.
· Coach other new members on best practices.
· May have direct reports
· You should be qualified to at least degree level in either engineering, or architecture. You will have significant (10+ years) project management, construction or engineering experience with a proven track record of managing both new builds and the enhancement of existing warehouse/ logistics buildings.
· Project Management experience from design phase through implementation and operation.
· Experience negotiating construction, procurement and labor contracts.
· Ability to lead and manage a team, including, coaching and disciplinary actions, as needed.
· Ability to travel throughout EU countries up to 50% of the time.
· Facilities management experience would be beneficial
· Experience of Six Sigma and Lean analytical techniques
· MRICS / RIBA qualified.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process. If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.
¿Quieres solicitar en un clic y estar al día de las vacantes más nuevas y convenientes para ti? Regístrate como un estudiante!Regístrate online