Descripción del empleo
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
Action Against Hunger is an international humanitarian organization that fights against the causes and effects of hunger. Our mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through prevention, detection and treatment of malnutrition. From crises to sustainability, we confront the different causes of malnutrition and their effects using our knowledge and experience in nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and political influence. All our activities try to maintain and / or restore human dignity. Our vision is simple: a world without hunger.
DEPARTMENT GENERAL OBJECTIVES
The objective of the Operations Department is to provide an agile and quality response to vulnerable populations, as well as to affect the root causes of their vulnerability and the policies, through analysis and mobilization of public opinion, donors and politicians.
The department leads the response to new challenges in the fight against hunger by adapting its response (strategic approaches, emergency responses, management etc.) to new contexts, enhancing synergies with other departments, headquarters and with complementary actors.
Key activities in your role will include
POSITION MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
Within the Operations Department, the Emergency Pool team objectives are:
- Emergency response in case of sudden crises or slow tract.
- Support for the design of emergency proposals using emergency funds.
- Disaster preparedness (design and implementation of response plans).
- Analysis and exploration of new countries and / or intervention contexts.
- Creation of tools and emergency training.
- Technical support for missions (according to terms of reference).
In addition, as the main responsible for the emergency team you will ensure Action against Hunger as a key organization in emergency responses through:
- Promoting, supporting and guiding the work of the organization in emergency response related themes.
- Leading the emergency pool, mobilizing and optimizing the allocation and use of all its human, financial and logistic resources in order to meet the objectives.
- Ensure the maximum impact of our interventions and emergency strategy, in accordance with our objectives.
Goal 1: Strategic organizational and departmental development:
Goal 2: Management of resources allocated to the emergency team
Goal 3: Institutional Representation
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
IS THIS YOUR PROFILE?
- Training related to the Political Science, Law, sociology field (or similar). Master or Specialization in Humanitarian Action and / or Emergencies.
- Knowledge of the Humanitarian Aid environment (and Development Cooperation), with extensive experience in the field and of the donor universe (objectives, strategies and practices).
- Knowledge of financing of interventions, emergency management, principles and practices of advocacy.
- Knowledge of the different coordination and humanitarian response mechanisms both at the level of ONGIs, UN Agencies, etc.
- Knowledge of Humanitarian reform; operation of humanitarian coordination platforms; follow-up to the commitments of the World Humanitarian Summit (WHS); 2030 Agenda; Sphere Standard; Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS).
- Minimum experience of 3 years as Country Director or Emergency Manager; in major humanitarian crises, in disaster preparedness and emergency monitoring cycle.
- Languages: Spanish, English and French (at least 2)
- Position based on the headquarters of Action Against Hunger in Madrid with a high degree of mobility: availability to move to land in 24-48h without prior notice. Physical and psychological resistance necessary.
- Deployment of up to 2 months on the ground. Possibility of ‘gap-filling’ of high profiles (DP) and participation in field missions (exploratory, emergency response)
- Ratio of presence on the ground: desirable around 40-50% but may be higher.
- Valuable commitment to Gender Equality through previous experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
Our remuneration package:
WHAT WE OFFER
- You will join a multicultural, professional and innovative organization and the opportunity to participate in projects of high social impact.
- Contract: 2 years.
- Salary: 40.000 euros/gross / year
- Housing allowance: 12.000 euros/ year
- Meal vouchers.
- Professional career adapted to the candidate where talent and motivation are recognized.
- Continuous training on technical abilities and soft competencies.
- Access to flexible compensation plans (medical insurance, transportation, kindergarten vouchers).
- Conciliation between personal and work life, with flexible schedules, intensive working, working from home.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Tipo de contrato
- Tiempo completo
- Tipo de trabajo
- Medios (TV, cine, radio) / Editoriales
- Carnet de conducir
- Carta de motivación