Descripción del empleo
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
Action Against Hunger is an international humanitarian organization that fights against the causes and effects of hunger. Our mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through prevention, detection and treatment of malnutrition. From crises to sustainability, we confront the different causes of malnutrition and their effects using our knowledge and experience in nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and political influence. All our activities try to maintain and / or restore human dignity. Our vision is simple: a world without hunger.
GENERAL DEPARTMENT OBJECTIVE
The objective of the Operations Department is to provide an agile and quality response to vulnerable populations, as well as to affect the root causes of their vulnerability and the policies, through analysis and mobilization of public opinion, donors and politicians.
The department leads the response to new challenges in the fight against hunger by adapting its response (strategic approaches, emergency responses, management etc.) to new contexts, enhancing synergies with other departments, headquarters and with complementary actors.
Key activities in your role will include
POSITION MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIESWithin the Operations Department, the Emergency Pool team objectives are:
- Emergency response in case of sudden crises or slow tract.
- Support for the design of emergency proposals using emergency funds.
- Disaster preparedness (design and implementation of response plans).
- Analysis and exploration of new countries and / or intervention contexts.
- Creation of tools and emergency training.
- Technical support for missions (according to terms of reference).
In addition, as Food Security Coordinator and together with the emergency team, you will contribute to:
- Coordinate, support and guide the organization, optimize resources and ensure maximum impact of our interventions and emergency strategy, in accordance with our mandate.
- Have reliable data (quantitative and qualitative) that allow us to assess the need for an intervention. Providing the necessary information for decision making
- Determine the severity of an emergency, ensuring a response adapted to the needs of the population
- Define strategic intervention priorities and formulate an action plan, determining the necessary resources
Goal 1: Monitoring and early warning of the humanitarian situation
Goal 2: Disaster Preparedness: Identify strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities in the area of ??Food Security and Livehoods leading the implementation and / or update of contingency plans
Goal 3: Emergency Contexts: Pre-deployment activities, start-up of Nutrition/Health emergency interventions, Coordination of Food Security and Livehoods activities on field, and Knowledge capitalization.
Goal 4: Exploratory missions and support to missions. Gap covering.
Goal 5: Technical Support and development.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Training in Agriculture and Livelihoods (Agricultural Engineering, Agriculture, etc.) or related education
- Experience with NGOs in positions of responsibility in Food Security and Livelihoods Health / Nutrition projects and emergency responses
- Specific technical knowledge in the field of Cash Based Interventions
- Knowledge of rapid assessments and context analysis
- Languages: Spanish, French and English proficiency (at least 2)
- Office automation and specific systems: Computer domain at advanced user level (Word, Excel, PPT, SPHINX, odk)
- Position based on the headquarters of Action Against Hunger in Madrid with a high degree of mobility: availability to move to land in 24-48h without prior notice. Physical and psychological resistance necessary.
- Deployment of up to 2 months on the ground. Possibility of ‘gap-filling’ of high profiles (Cordo FSL) and participation in field missions (exploratory, emergency response)
- 2 months maximum in emergency terrain, 1 month in case of support
- Ratio of presence on the ground: desirable around 60-75%
- Valuable commitment to Gender Equality through previous experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
Our remuneration package:
- You will join a multicultural, professional and innovative organization and the opportunity to participate in projects of high social impact.
- Contract: 2 years.
- Salary: 35.000 euros/gross / year
- Housing allowance: 5.250 euros/ year
- Meal vouchers.
- Professional career adapted to the candidate where talent and motivation are recognized.
- Continuous training on technical abilities and soft competencies.
- Access to flexible compensation plans (medical insurance, transportation, kindergarten vouchers).
- Conciliation between personal and work life, with flexible schedules, intensive working, working from home.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Tipo de contrato
- Tiempo completo
- Tipo de trabajo
- Medios (TV, cine, radio) / Editoriales
- Carnet de conducir
- Carta de motivación