DESCRIPCI... Amazon Studios is the original film and television development and production arm of Amazon.com. Our projects include award winning television series TRANSPARENT and THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL and films include THE BOYS, JACK RYAN...
Amazon Studios is the original film and television development and production arm of Amazon.com. Our projects include award winning television series TRANSPARENT and THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL and films include THE BOYS, JACK RYAN and THE BIG SICK.
This position will support the EU Production Finance team along with the other studios operation teams of our fast growing film and television studio production business. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at an early, high growth stage and have ownership of production finance and payable functions.
He or she will be able to operate successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and have effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives. The successful candidate should be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. Strong oral and written communication skills are a plus, as well as ability to think clearly, analyse quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritise.
The candidate will need to able to collaborate with business partners and must display strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers.
· Be the leader of the Production Finance in Italy by building relationships with industry bodies and organisations such as Film Commissions, production software companies, local producers, legal counsel and tax advisers to take Amazon Studios practises to the highest possible level and being informed and potentially part of the decision making process or have a voice on those organisations.
· Help building a sustainable and escalable operating model for Amazon Studios in Spain from a Production Finance perspective.
· Support EU Originals Finance Lead to define overall metrics and reporting approach for Spain AP Payments, including Executive & Management Reporting, Operational Reporting and Dashboards.
· Assist with accounts payable process for production costs of film & television projects of Amazon Studios in Spain.
· The individual will also be assisting with the month end financial reporting process.
· Perform reconciliations of production/development funding and trial balances.
· Assist calculating production related accruals during month end close.
· Liaise with production accountants at the production companies and make sure they are set up for proper financial reporting.
· Review production related cost reports.
· Work with Studios stakeholders (Creative, Business Affairs, Legal, Corporate AP and Financial Operations Team) to effectively execute development payments and troubleshoot issues.
· Understand and manage payments levers on financial activities and financial metrics.
· Create and maintain documentation of key processes with an emphasis on improving controllership and efficiency.
· Design and implement mechanisms to track and report on projects at different stages of their life cycle.
· Leverage metrics to identify areas of improvement, including process and technology based changes.
· Monitor and improve key performance metrics that demonstrate continuous improvements.
· Working with Global Financial Systems and Operations teams to implement effective solutions.
This position is located in Madrid (Spain), but some international travel might be required.
· Accounting, finance, or quantitative undergraduate degree.
· 10+ years experience in production/finance/accounting or combination of accounting and business with a portion in the film and television production industry.
· Knowledge of production accounting software: MediaWeb, Vista, PSL, Ease.
· Knowledge of the entertainment and production business is required.
· Understanding of entertainment payroll.
· Extensive knowledge or local tax incentive and regional funding regimes in Spain.
· Must be very detail-oriented and meticulous in the follow through of documentation, processes and procedures.
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced high volume environment.
· Highly motivated, analytical, proactive and self-sufficient
· Strong capabilities for developing and presenting analyses and insights to senior management
· Ability to effectively research, conclude on and communicate technical accounting topics.
· Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written (english/italian).
· Strong organization and time management skills.· Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (VBA) and database management
· Strong organization and time management skills.
· Proficiency in financial software and systems including Oracle Financials. Knowledge of SQL, database, and data mining is desirable.
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.
¿Quieres solicitar en un clic y estar al día de las vacantes más nuevas y convenientes para ti? Regístrate como un estudiante!Regístrate online