DESCRIPCI... Amazon Books is looking for a Data Engineer to help improve the experiences for customers around the world. Whether reading on a Kindle device, Kindle app, physical book, or listening to an audio book; whether reading non-fiction,...
Amazon Books is looking for a Data Engineer to help improve the experiences for customers around the world. Whether reading on a Kindle device, Kindle app, physical book, or listening to an audio book; whether reading non-fiction, novels, comics, manga, articles, or anything else; our team owns the technology that creates a delightful and immersive reading experience. Our teams work together to solve challenging problems and deliver high quality solutions, with abundant opportunities to learn and experiment. Join us!
You will be joining the Books IDQ team. This team strives to solve complex catalog quality problems using challenging machine learning and data analysis solutions. You will be exposed to cutting edge big data and machine learning technologies, along to all Amazon catalog technology stack, and you'll be part of a key effort to improve our customers experience by tackling and preventing defects in items in Amazon's catalog.
Your major responsibilities will include
· Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies
· Explore and learn the latest AWS technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiencies
· Data modeling to support machine learning model training and offline, batch inference workflows
· Work closely with business owners and senior developers to explore new data sources and model features and help provide insight into, and make sense of existing data sources
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline
• 3+ years of industry experience in Software Development, Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, Data Science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
• Hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of SQL
• Experience in Data Modeling, ETL Development, and Data Warehousing
• Experience using business intelligence reporting tools (Power BI, Tableau, Cognos, etc.)
• Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark, EMR, etc.)
• Knowledge of Data Management fundamentals and Data Storage principles
• Experience coding and automating processes using Python or R
• Basic knowledge of UNIX shell scripting
· 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, BI Engineer, Business/Financial Analyst or Systems Analyst in a company with large, complex data sources.
· Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, S3, EMR)
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy.
· Experience providing technical leadership and educating other engineers for best practices on data engineering.
· Familiarity with statistical models and data mining algorithms.
· Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative fields.
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.
¿Quieres solicitar en un clic y estar al día de las vacantes más nuevas y convenientes para ti? Regístrate como un estudiante!Regístrate online