DESCRIPCI... Amazon’s European Transportation team is responsible for our transportation network’s connectivity across Europe to deliver billions of shipments each year. We collaborate with multiple internal teams (e.g. Supply Chain, Finance,...
Amazon’s European Transportation team is responsible for our transportation network’s connectivity across Europe to deliver billions of shipments each year. We collaborate with multiple internal teams (e.g. Supply Chain, Finance, Tech, Retail) to ensure a speedy and reliable customer delivery in the cheapest way possible.
As a Transportation Program Manager you will lead a team and serve as a bridge between business teams and Trans tech teams to ensure transportation systems are set up in line with the strategic transportation network plan. You will be responsible for understanding your customers’ business needs and providing optimal system solutions. You will also identify opportunities and implement changes to improve network’s performance, simplify processes, and leverage existing resources.
As a Transportation Program Manager, you will lead a team and serve as a bridge between operations, business teams and tech teams. Responsibilities include:
- Manage a team of account manager and program managers in Barcelona, organizing training and development plan for the team
- Oversee the on-call function to provide 24/7 problem solve and ensure high quality and responsive service to entire Amazon network
- Key owner on related metrics. Ensure that best practices are shared across team members and actively drive, develop & implement standardization of configuration processes across EU operations
- Support Lux team and leadership in coordinate the network’s day-to-day configuration and operations while still develop the vision for long-term expansion and growth of the team
- Lead improvement initiatives/projects and manage relationships with internal stakeholders
- Deep dive into data and issues to drive short term fixes and long term improvements
- Key influencer in setting the strategic goals, roadmap and plans (through OP1 and OP2) for your process area including idea scoping, business analysis, prioritization, and robust planning. Work efficiently and routinely deliver the right things with limited guidance.
- Influence leaders and operational members to buy into and implement identified projects and opportunities. When confronted with discordant views, find the best way forward and influence others to follow that path (build consensus)
- Actively participate to develop yourself in the hiring/interview process
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Engineering, Transportation or other technical field
- Demonstrated strong track record of people management within fast-paced environment, such as Operations, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Transportation, General Management or Engineering function
- Strong and effective written and oral communication skills to peer and leadership alike with good business judgment
- Ability to work for different managers: we move managers around to meet business needs and as our business grows and you must adapt to changes in management
- Proven experience managing multiple large scale projects that are cross-functional, multi-level and in multi-marketplace
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving capability with complex processes and issues
- Data-driven, result-driven, and customer-obsessed approach on decision-making
- Experience measuring key operational metrics (e.g. CPUs, configuration SLAs, ship estimate accuracy, click to deliver times, configuration defect rates etc.)
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel and MySQL
- Ability to travel for up to 50% of the time around Europe and NA as required
- Master degree or MBA
- 5+ Years of Supply Chain/ Transportation related experience
- Project Management certification
- Familiar with programming Languages: Python; Java and development and implementation of ETL tools desired but not essential
- Other main European language: Spanish, French, German, Italian, etc.
The position is based in Barcelona would require to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas, including weekends, nights, and holidays
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.
¿Quieres solicitar en un clic y estar al día de las vacantes más nuevas y convenientes para ti? Regístrate como un estudiante!Regístrate online