DESCRIPCI... Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.Do you want to be responsible for managing one of...
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
Do you want to be responsible for managing one of Amazon’s most relevant stakeholders – our Carriers? This is the best moment to join Amazon and our carrier management team based in the vibrant city of Barcelona.
About the role
You will play a key role managing the long-term relationship between Amazon and our external transportation partners. You will be dealing with our carriers and different internal stakeholders on a regular basis, which is why you should be a strong communicator.
Further, you will deal with challenging operational issues that require a deep analysis/understanding of our distribution network. You will be responsible to implement solutions that influence our short and long-term operations.
Within our Transportation team, you will be responsible for driving improvements, developing strategic initiatives and managing innovation projects across our constantly expanding European Fulfillment Network. You will be dealing with the inevitable challenges that come with continuous, rapid growth.
Responsibilities as Transportation Carrier Manager
· Executes performance management metrics reviews (cost, speed, quality, etc.) for outbound transportation and derives improvement plans from it
· Drives continuous improvement initiatives with carriers, fulfilment centers, customer service and retail teams to improve customer experience, costs or processes
· Prepares and leads Ops calls, daily business reviews, WBRs, QBRs, CS workshops
· Advises Amazon leadership team proactively on critical situations along with the expected impact and mitigation actions planned
· Produces and communicates transport plans/forecasts on a regular basis
· Manages transportation related escalations
· Drives root-cause analysis and the successful implementation of corrective actions with causing parties to improve service or cost, or to resolve a problem
· Drives innovation by taking ownership of new projects and its operational success
· A degree in Business, Economics, Logistics, Engineering, Mathematics or similar field
· 3+ years Transportation or Supply Chain experience, preferably in a similar role, within a high-volume logistics, manufacturing or engineering environment
· Excellent customer service skills and commercial understanding
· Ability to drive complex analysis, and making data driven decisions
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment
· Fluent in English AND one of the following: French or Italian
· Master’s level degree or higher preferred
· Familiarity with operations and supply chain management concepts - forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics - gained through work experience
· Advanced Excel, exposure to SQL
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation offers also many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.
¿Quieres solicitar en un clic y estar al día de las vacantes más nuevas y convenientes para ti? Regístrate como un estudiante!Regístrate online