DESCRIPCI... Come join Amazon's Book Depository team at Amazon’s development center in Madrid, Spain. We are searching for a smart, energetic, curious, and self-disciplined Software Development Manager to define and deliver our efforts for our...
Come join Amazon's Book Depository team at Amazon’s development center in Madrid, Spain. We are searching for a smart, energetic, curious, and self-disciplined Software Development Manager to define and deliver our efforts for our current and future Customers.
Global bookseller The Book Depository joined the Amazon group in 2011. Its retail website bookdepository.com offers huge selection, great service, a wide choice of payment currencies, and free shipping to customers in over 100 countries worldwide. The business strives to delight customers by constantly improving its pricing, delivery and shopping experience. The Book Depository is based in London UK (HQ, Engineering), Madrid Spain (Engineering), Gloucester UK (Fulfilment Centre). Our work spans a deep technology stack from front-end customer experience to back-end service technology.
We are developing software to improve the Customer Experience on the Book Depository’s customers and to evolve our back-end services, tools and platforms to better reach to more customers worldwide. Projects span the definition of new customer-facing features, programs and services to the internal development of new systems, customization of existing systems, and integration of software developed by third parties.
We are looking for a deeply technical Software Development Manager to run one of Book Depository's tech team. Candidates need to have a strong sense of ownership, passion to provide great customer experience and sound understanding of computer science. You will also be responsible for managing and growing a strong technical team. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with diverse business and technical partners to shape our technology.
Book Depository is composed of many clever and generally awesome people, so you'll learn a huge amount - and have a lot of fun - in the process!
· 8+ years professional experience in software engineering, with at least 5 years in software development management
· Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering team.
· BS in computer science, electrical engineering, or related technical discipline.
· Experience designing large-scale distributed systems, web services, and/or web applications.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.ff
· MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience with any of the popular relational database.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
· Experience working in Linux based environments.
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.