ING wants to be an innovativebank, so we need people who are real innovators. Because within ING our peopleare the engine for ING´s growth and success.
The international projectModel Bank is multi-cultural and cross-business, and is developing aborderless, scalable, retail platform uniting Spain, Italy, France, CzechRepublic and Austria.
We offer theposition Security Architect within the Architecture department for the Model Bank project inMadrid.
Model Bank in collaborationwith the MB countries (Spain, Italy, France and Czech Republic) aims todeliver:
- A retail harmonized digital platform (with 60% to 90% harmonisation), fully focused on supporting the MB countries in increasing customer interaction, improving customer satisfaction and increasing sales
- A scalable platform which can be extended to on-board additional countries, products and services in future
- An agile, central IT shared service center that can develop, maintain and run digital requirements going forward
- A high level of standardization and centralization across systems, processes, data and way of working aligned with Enterprise Architecture, Global Process Management, Global Data Management and Bank Infra
The Security Architect isresponsible for the delivery of security architecture to ING Model Bankorganization according to the ING global security standards and controls.He/she will report to the ING Model Bank chief architect and have functionalreporting lines to the ING global security and security architecture areas.
The security architecturedomain in Model Bank spans the entirety of infrastructure, middleware, andapplications, across retail banking, and covers the whole range of high-levelarchitecture to low-level technology choices, so the role has a substantialwidth and depth.
Mainfunctions and responsibilities
- Set the strategic direction of ING Model Bank in specific areas of security (e.g data security) by working with stakeholders (e.g. Global EA, CISO, CSA, CIO, business) to define a comprehensive architectural vision in the area (e.g. writing a reference architecture for data security)
- Initiate and lead architectural projects in the area of security, or having a major security component. Provide subject-matter expert assistance when the architectural vision goes to execution model, to ensure adherence to that architectural vision
- Provide security architecture guidance to global senior and general management across all of IT, Business, and Risk
- Monitors compliance and regulatory guidelines and defines impact on the Enterprise architecture translating it into design requirements and solution architectures
Field andlevel of qualification
- University degree (IT, Engineering) or equivalent professional experience
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Work experience: at least 5y in a security role
Technicalknowledge and skills
- Holistic view on the role of security architecture in a complex international organisation
- Expert-level knowledge of a number of specific areas like platform security, SDLC, fraud, IAM, crypto, security monitoring, malware, etc
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture in a banking environment
- Understanding of banking environment, products and processes
- Good communication skills (written /verbal)
- Ability to operate at own initiative with a pro-active attitude, within the directions and confines of management and Bank policy
- Ability to liaise with a broad range of people, including line management, senior management, external suppliers and related people
- Problem solving ability and strong analytical skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Experience working in a team; exhibits clear behavior of a team player