This is Us.
A team of more than one thousand people sharing an idea: doing our bit in helping our clients create a better future for themselves, providing them with the tools they need to get where they want to go.
In today’s world, we know this happens because we are a fully online bank. We were born out of that idea and 20 years on, technology, simplicity and transparency continue to be the ingredients of the recipe that leaves the best taste in our mouths: being more than just a bank, someone useful in the lives of the millions of clients who have chosen us.
The way we do things also mirrors our eagerness to innovate. We are proud to be one of the very first banks to work with agile methodologies. It doesn’t ring a bell yet? No worries, we will be delighted to tell you all about it. You will find it’s one of those things you’ll want to repeat over and over.
And although we are based in Spain, we like to cross borders. We are lucky to work with international teams every day across 44 countries, composed of women and men as equal as they are diverse. Because here you are completely free to be who you want to be, love whomever you choose, and even go for pineapple as your pizza topping.
Making things happen, helping others be successful, always being one step ahead—that’s our DNA. If you look at yourself in the mirror and your reflection matches our way of being and working…we are looking forward to meeting you!
What are we looking for?
For us, several things characterize our experiment designers:
They are a master of:
- Experiment design tools and processes (e.g. surveys, landing pages, A/B tests, social media campaigns, concierge, wizard of oz…).
- Understanding the advantages of quantitative and qualitative research methods. Highly skilled in managing and executing research projects (e.g., can draw actionable insights out of complex research).
- Thrives on support evidence-based decisions. Quantify opportunities, customer segments and their willing to acquire different services or features.
- Bringing concepts to life through quick and dirty prototyping (e.g. wireframes and visual design for experiments or MVPs).
- Ensuring the validation of new offerings, at different stages in order to gather feedback to improve concepts.
- Coaching sponsors and teams to run ING’s proprietary innovation methodology and associated decision gates.
- Storytelling. They will need to be convincing and effective in front of our stakeholders and project teams.
- Different types of experiments that can be run and their main characteristics including pros and cons.
- Wide range of resources (tools, metrics and frameworks) that might be considered to conduct an experiment and be always eager to find new ones (or try them at least).
- Minimizing the uncertainty identifying and validating critical hypothesis.
- Analysing both large and small sets of data. They work with customers and data analysts to ask the right questions and assess their potential for impact.
- Rocking figures and insights to measure the found customer problem and the proposed solution.
- Outlining customer segments regarding quantitative and qualitative information.
- Applying a variety of tools and technologies (e.g. digital or paper prototypes, online or in-person behavioural analysis, qualitative interviews or quantitative surveys) to design, test and measure experiments.
- Data driven: they are obsessed measuring the impact of his/her efforts through qualitative and quantitative data.
- Balance scientific and creative mindset: they know about data but doesn’t kill an initiative when data doesn’t show yet, and are capable of coming up with new solutions to quickly test hypothesis.
- Strategic mindset: they know where to focus in an early stage of the process, so efforts can be allocated accordingly.
- Decisive: they don’t find excuses not to execute, they find solutions and get things done.
- Demonstrated exposure to the human-centric design process and lean start-up/growth hacking approach.
- Thrived in uncertainty.
- Not afraid to challenge team to experiment out of the comfort zone.
- Resilience and customer focused.
- Team players.
- Aware of trends affecting innovation.
- Business savvy.
- Familiar with Lean Start-up and Design thinking.
- Clear communications skills (written and oral).
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Navigate multidisciplinary teams along with the human-centric design, lean start up and growth hacking process.
- An international environment.
- Within an agile organization and inspiration to continue working in this matter.
- A validated portfolio of delivered prototypes/experiments/initiatives.
- Ensuring new concepts are always validated, at different stages, so to gather feedback and make better products.
- Experiment’s frameworks and metrics.
- Identifying and prioritizing assumptions.
- Conducting experiments towards validating hypothesis.
- Analyzing and measuring results.
They know about:
- Creating evidence to guide decision-making processes.
- Helping teams become autonomous validators, teaching them when to use which experimentation tools and how to use them.
They have worked in:
- Master Graduate. A scientific background would be a plus.
- In-depth training on design thinking and growth hacking are a great asset.
- 2-3 years of experience, preferably in big corporations or start-ups, with designing, conducting and measuring rapid experiments.
Your day at ING looks very much like this:
7.00 - 10.00 Flexible arrival time.
10.00 - Innovation Daily planning. A 15 min sharing stand-up meeting about what happened the day before and the plans for today.
11.00 - 13.00 - Morning meetings. Checking in with different squads to see where they are at and help push things along. Assisting people to think differently about things and do the best work possible.
13.00 - 14.00 - Lunchtime! The innovation team is back together in the canteen to share how the day goes or just talk about the weekend :)!
14.00 - 16.00 - Afternoon can be for either user research duties or time to focus. We attempt to leave some meeting-free time to concentrate on analysing outputs, concept development, writing reports, or preparing upcoming meetings, workshops or user research tasks.
16.00 - 19.00 - Flexible departure time.
What do we offer?
What goes on at ING matters much to us.
However, we know that the most important things are outside the office.
So that thinking about what to have for lunch does not take up your time or your cravings.
Life and health insurance.
For you and all of your family (spouse/partner and children).
Free company shuttle.
We take you from Madrid city center to our offices at Las Rozas (and back!).
Special loan or mortgage terms after 6 months working at the bank.
And benefit from our pension plan after 2 years with us.
More health, more sports.
Paddle tennis court and lessons available to you.
Runners club with your own trainer.
Clinics with professional, world-class athletes.
Physiotherapy service on site.