Descripción del empleo
HP's Regulatory Management and Chemical Compliance team, is strategically investing in expanding and enabling market share leadership across numerous printing platforms and ink supplies businesses.
The traditional consumer and office inkjet applications have significantly grown and evolved into diverse printing applications with a diverse global customer base now including commercial and industrial markets. Accompanying HP’s technological growth is supply chain changes and complexity to support the conversion from analog to digital printing. Global chemical compliance requirements continue to evolve demanding a more comprehensive and proactive approach to effectively manage ink component portfolios in support of unrestricted assurance of HP’s printing supplies.
HP’s Regulatory Management and Chemical Compliance Team is committed to protecting our current product portfolio and global customer base as well as our new product introductions by ensuring compliance with all applicable worldwide and country-specific chemical regulations while avoiding interruption to supply. This position will be based in Barcelona (preferred) or Corvallis, Oregon as an alternate location. The Regulatory Toxicologist reporting to the Regulatory Management and Chemical manager will play a critical role ensuring products comply with worldwide chemical regulatory requirements. The toxicologist will partner with HP’s global regional teams, legal counsel, R&D, product engineering, and supply chain professionals as well as global manufacturing facilities to improve and assure product safety and chemical compliance performance.
The Regulatory Toxicologist role is accountable for understanding and implementing diverse and evolving compliance requirements as part of the global ink regulatory landscape through execution of HP’s Design for the Environment (DfE) program, regulatory compliance goals, risk assessment, and supply chain collaboration by fostering effective relationships and a strong team environment.
- Ensure regulatory compliance for all supplies, ink and toner products for HP Inc. HP develops, makes and sells a wide variety of ink and toner formulations for its Print and 3D businesses WW, and the candidate in this position is a key member of a team that’s accountable for ensuring regulatory compliance for all Print/3D products in the market, for all regions and countries in which HP ships its products.
- The primary responsibilities are to support existing products for HP Inc. Many of these products have been developed and released in prior years, though the ongoing shipments and sales of these products are long-lived, and they make up a significant part of HP Inc.’s overall revenue. Both product formulations and country regulations change over time, which requires constant effort and attention in ensuring compliance in countries where HP Inc ships and sells its products.
- This person will:
- With the help and guidance of the Regulations Management and CCT (Chemical Compliance and Toxicology) teams, identify and prioritize both new and revised or emerging chemical regulations that may impact HP’s products, including the assessment of formulations and their components that are (or may be) impacted by regulatory action
- Determine the full extent of these regulatory actions by assessing formulation and component specifics across HP Inc. The position requires an understanding of HP’s organizational structure, supply chain, manufacturing and supply chain partners, and its extensive distribution and sales network.
- Work directly with outside regulatory consultants, trade associations and competent authorities in determining appropriate and effective means of ensuring regulatory compliance for HP’s products.
- Work closely with HP’s engineering and manufacturing partners to track, understand and characterize any changes made to its ink and/or toner formulations over time. If new regulatory actions drive new compliance requirements, this person ensures compliance for those inks or their components, many times by being an active member of a cross-functional team that develops and implements compliance solutions.
- Work closely with the CCT and R&D teams in understanding the implications of regulatory issues that may impact HP’s inks and toner and develop compliance options and alternatives that takes into account the customer, business and legal requirements.
- Devise, develop and deploy an efficient process and approach to ensure that regulatory-related volume or quantity reporting (e.g. import tonnage bands or restrictions) can be met, with most efficient use of HP resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in Toxicology or Chemistry (Green Chemistry focus) is required, as this knowledge is highly advantageous to this position; a Master’s degree is preferred
- Candidates with a degree in Regulatory Management or Chemical Engineering (or related fields of study) may also be considered
- 5-10 years’ work experience in chemical regulatory compliance or stewardship-related roles
- Understanding of the global chemical regulatory environment and typical processes used for ensuring compliance with the various regulatory agencies (e.g. chemical notification, registration, etc.); familiarity with REACH, CLP, GHS and other chemical regulatory schemes is highly desirable
Desired skills and traits:
- Fluency in English is a must; able to communicate highly technical, complex and detailed issues and topics very effectively, in a very clear and concise fashion (both verbal and written)
- Able and eager to work across multiple countries, cultures and time zones
- Organized thought processes and prioritization skills; needs to possess strong program management skills
- Self-motivated; able to manage time and effort with minimal management oversight
- Sant Cugat del Vallès
- Tipo de trabajo
- Carnet de conducir
- Carta de motivación