DESCRIPCI... Amazon is looking for a Systems Development Engineer to develop, build and scale software solutions powering one of the world’s largest Reliability, Maintenance Engineering enterprises. The Automation Engineering team supports the...
Amazon is looking for a Systems Development Engineer to develop, build and scale software solutions powering one of the world’s largest Reliability, Maintenance Engineering enterprises. The Automation Engineering team supports the business in all aspects of the traditional automation pyramid, and we provide our internal users information on all aspects of the status of control systems within Amazon’s EU Fulfillment Network. At a basic level, these systems link our low-level automation systems with the cloud and we work at the cutting edge of all aspects of the automation pyramid, from device level to the enterprise level. The more complex systems are leveraging Machine Learning and Big Data to drive predictive actions, preventing downtime or defects in the material handling equipment and improving the Overall Equipment Efficiency of the installations.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the best engineers in the industry and help support and shape the direction of automation and machine learning systems within one of the world’s largest fulfillment networks.
· You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
· You are a significant and autonomous contributor. Your work is consistently of high quality. You solve complex problems, applying appropriate technologies and best practices.
· You maintain SLA’s through the implementation of proactive issue detection and reporting.
· Your focus is on a major portion of existing or new team technology implementation (e.g., large or significant component, new enabling technology or process). You work with your team to invent, design, and build systems that are stable and performance.
· You consider the legacy of the systems you produce, how they will scale, and limit the use of short-term workarounds.
· You make appropriate trade-offs, re-use where possible, and are judicious about introducing dependencies. You are efficient with resource usage (e.g., system hardware, database, memory/CPU, etc.).
· You identify patterns that affect the performance, reliability, or availability of a product or service and drive them out of the system through automation or other technical innovation. You are an excellent diagnostician due to cross-domain understanding of the technology involved in your systems.
· Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
· Computer Science or equivalent degree, with experience delivering large scale software systems solutions.
· Very strong problem solving and coding skills.
· Bash experience plus knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby, JS).
· Experience with at least one programming language (Java, C++).
· Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
· Advanced UNIX (preferably Linux) systems engineering skills.
· Knowledge of Industrial Internet of Things (MQTT, Pub/Sub) and core Industrial Control Technologies (ProfiNet, Ethernet/IP, OPC-UA, TCP/IP).
· Experience with AWS services such as Deep Learning, DynamoDB, s3, SageMaker, RDS, System Manager.
· Demonstrated experience supporting and managing server infrastructure (automated provisioning, remote configuration, etc. ).
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required, as well as experience initiating, driving and managing in-event conference calls.
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
About our rewards:
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation also offers many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.
¿Quieres solicitar en un clic y estar al día de las vacantes más nuevas y convenientes para ti? Regístrate como un estudiante!Regístrate online