DESCRIPCI... We are looking for PhD students to join the Amazon Search Science and AI team in Barcelona for a 3-6 month internship in 2020.· Are you excited about developing state-of-the-art Machine Learning and Information Retrieval...
We are looking for PhD students to join the Amazon Search Science and AI team in Barcelona for a 3-6 month internship in 2020.
· Are you excited about developing state-of-the-art Machine Learning and Information Retrieval algorithms using large data sets to solve real world problems?
· Do you have proven analytical capabilities and can multi-task to thrive in a fast-paced environment?
· Do you want to build a foundation for your career during your Ph.D program at an industry-leading company?
You enjoy the prospect of solving real-world problems that, quite frankly, have not been solved at scale anywhere before. Along the way, you’ll get opportunities to be a fearless disruptor, prolific innovator, and a reputed problem solver—someone who truly leverages machine learning to create significant impact.
As part of the internship you will be a full member of one of our teams working with other scientists and software development engineers on completing a self-contained internship project. Specific challenges will be dealing with very large heterogenous datasets, designing novel algorithms that are robust and reliable, and efficient implementations that can run in production. Some internship projects also include the goal of publishing findings.
· Currently enrolled in a Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field with specialization in machine learning or Applied Statistics.
· Hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas: search experimentation, ranking, Information Retrieval, evaluation, A/B testing, statistical data analysis.
· Enthusiasm for applying machine learning to real-world problems.
· Computer science grounding in a range of algorithms, data structures, and programming languages; experience in Python is a plus.
· Ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
· Ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
· Ability to distill problem definitions, models, and constraints from informal business requirements, and to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives.
· Strong software development skills.
· Publications in top-tier science conferences and journals
We offer flexible start dates throughout the whole year. Please note that we expect to experience a high volume of applications and we will fill positions as they become available, so we encourage you to apply early.
Please include your academic transcript in your CV.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills
Indica debajo en que area estas buscando una función similar y no olvides poner tu correo electrónico.